Ubc & Ministry Of Culture?

kankaroo

Just got UBC installed the other week and I am not impressed to say the least. I am a bit of a movie buff and cant bear to see all my favorite movies hacked to pieces by our beloved ministry of culture. I mean "The Terminator" with no violence !, Mafia or prison drama's with no swear words and edited sometimes to the point that you cant figure out what is happening to whom and why. Why is that guy lying down dead ?- he was standing talking about 1 second ago? who did that etc etc. I could go on for ages but I will spare you all that :D

But the really twisted part is if you switch the channel to one of these home camera type shows you can hear all the profanity you want, I heard the F*** word on one program about 5 times in as many minutes and this was only 11 am ! where is the sense in it all.

OK I'm finished now. PHEW :o

I just loved how the thai censors messed with "lock stock n two smoking barrels"

The coursing hares were "fried" (you mean REALLY fried?)....

And they successfully cut out every rude word...well, the most common ones....they let "c**t" through, which i found shocking. poor darts.

I'm also noticing the adversitement blocks on most channels is being fubar'd more than usual - they got a new person manning the switch ?

I think HBO Asia actually provides censored content. Don't get your hopes up.

UBC is shit.

HBO is not true HBO- no original programming, edited movies etc.

Discovery is from 5 years ago- half of what you see, you probably watched 5 years ago in the US. I imagine UBC is just buying the cheaper programming.

UBC is only good for sports and news. Even then, you get ripped off. Watch the NBA playoffs. Notice that the commentators aren't even at the game? I guess that costs more, so UBC buys the feed from the two guys sitting in a studio watching the game on TV just like you.

And I am a advertising industry person so the blocking of ads is beyond annoying to me.

Unfortunately for us HBO, Cinemax and Star Movies all broadcast to Malaysia and Singapore as well as Thailand. And Nothing Gets into those countries without being heavily edited. When UBC had their own movie channel the movies were not chopped up so badly .. they didn’t play many good movies either. Now when half your screen gets blurred out because a character lights one up .. that’s the Thai censors hard at work.

/sm