is it ok to take airline cutlery home with you?

when i was visiting my scottish friends house  i was making us some coffee in his basement kitchen, and when I went in search of spoons I was not so amazed to find  knifes forks spoons in the drawer that he  had  nicked from  a commercial airlines.when i asked him about it he said everyone does it. is this true or has he a fetish for airline cutlery?

Edited by pat william

No, of course not, in the same way it's not OK to take the life vest.

Did your friend say he actually lifted the stuff? Airline cutlery does appear on the secondhand / surplus market. I used to own a lot of BOAC and BEA branded cutlery and crockery, acquired just after they merged to become British Airways.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

No, of course not, in the same way it's not OK to take the life vest.

Surely not?

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Did your friend say he actually lifted the stuff? Airline cutlery does appear on the secondhand / surplus market. I used to own a lot of BOAC and BEA branded cutlery and crockery, acquired just after they merged to become British Airways.

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

OP you bored or something????

Surely you can come up with better things to post about than cutlery.

Hi Colin.

Somebody recently posted a 50+ second video of a wall fan http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/970679-best-fan-is-at-tesco-panasonic-and-i-tell-you-why/  which is still running after 3 pages.

In comparison, this airline cutlery topic is 'forking' great. It could really take off. :smile::sorry:

4 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I hope it wasn't "acquired" off the back of a lorry Crossy.

Would I do something like that? Actually I don't remember exactly where it came from but it was probably Ringwood Surplus Stores or Alderholt Surplus Supplies.

Ringwood is still operating https://www.yell.com/biz/ringwood-surplus-stores-ringwood-61749/

Alderholt is now a housing development, shame, even in the 80's it was the only place to get a replacement Avocado bidet.

I knocked off a set of silver breakfast cutlery from the Cairo Hilton in 1986.

Hey I was a young backpacker with hair and I would gladly return them tomorrow if I remembered where I put them.