Those jet-skis again - Australian media cites L.O.S. Thailand as Land of Scams

webfact

4 hours ago, Bartman1369 said:

I never found about this forum until I had been in Thailand many months. Social media needs to come frompeople you have already met here. If you are offered a service how are you supposed to know it is a scam unless you are a mind reader? ??

Get Real, like me. Then you will know!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are nice friendly honest caring people.  Every single one.  Be sure to tip the police for helping and protecting you when he gets them to reduce the settlement amount.  don't hold any negative sentiment.  Smile and be on your way. Offer to take the boys out for a few beers to make sure nobody has lost face.

On 3/8/2017 at 3:10 PM, phitsanulokjohn said:

Jet ski owner to blame for his scamming intentions.

Tourists to blame for their naivety.

Needs both parties for the scam to occur,but I bet the jet ski owner never held a gun at a tourist and said"YOU MUST rent my jet ski"

Live and learn.Bought experience always teaches one more than taught experience.

May

not, but it has been known on Phuket for a jetski operator to wave a gun around and demand money for a scratch which was already there.

As if Australia doesnt have organised crime and corruption?

Gimme a break

and as for scams lets see,

Australia- 

airports-buy anything from any airport to find a scam. $6 or 150 baht a small bottle of water.

$6 they charge you even for a trolley to wheel your luggage

taxi- go 20-30 minutesaround $40-50

cigarettes- nearly $50 a packet

Rent a car scam $150 a day car nd insurance they give you gas not full but when return you pay extra for fuel and must fill

parking where they say ilegal but no visable sign

$140

nearly cost of hire car again!

australia- LOLS

land of legalised scams

On 3/9/2017 at 6:31 AM, louse1953 said:

A Murdock rag telling us what we already know.Not one person was quoted  as this happening to them.The usual cut and paste job done by one of Murdock's hacks.I'm not denying these things don't happen as i was skim scammed 7 years ago in Sin City,by a Frenchman of mid east background..We chips in all cards now that should be harder.As far as gems are concerned, they were offered to me in 1976,again on the beach in SC.Common sense told me 20 year olds don't sell the real thing on the beach.Showed us all the tricks and my mates bought in.Valued back in Oz,they were diamonds but very low quality.You deserve what you get if you fall for the jet ski scam.

My rule is anybody approaches me,it's a scam,whether home or abroad.If i'm bored i can time waste with the best of them.Once got the number from a time share girl and time was shared very productively.She told me all the ins and outs.I told her you can't get money out of a broke backpacker,so went along for the experience and free coffee and food.

Loved that last paragraph! Ins and outs are good. :smile:  You're a smart traveller.