Just because you are bald and wear orange doesn't make you a monk...

webfact

Wow!  The bitterness would seem to reside in the person who issues a threat.  Is intimidation a facet of Buddhism in Thailand?  It is the state religion and thus is very powerful.  That could, in the future, make the criticism of any member of the Buddhist hierarchy very dangerous.  I wonder if things will go that way.

1 hour ago, ThaiCitizen said:

I suggest you don't criticize real monks - bad things can happen to you.

Suggesting 'real' monks con people is absolutely ignorant and repulsive. 

How very sad to have this narrow-minded, bitter view of life. 

There are many real monks in Thailand that dedicate their lives to helping others.

Why so bitter? 

You ask why so bitter?

Ok i will tell you, already been posted by me here, but you asked so i will answer.

You say bad things will happen, to bloody late pal, they happened over 3 years ago, my accident.

Which left me paraplegic.

I year after my accident, my wife says people have told me about this monk who can make  you walk again.

Spend 3 weeks at so called healing centre, got hot towel massages, and he came to massage my legs and back every afternoon.

He told us he could feel my legs getting better ( ha bloody ha ), after 3 weeks of this nonsense we went home.

To this day my wife will not tell me how much money he conned her out of, all she says is a lot of money.

6 months later another monk convinced my wife he could make me walk again, same nonsense, same give me money, money.

He sold my wife a bottle of his own brew magic potion, for 2700 baht, yes i went ape shit, we are going home now.

This second monk conned my wife out of 40.000 baht for i hour massage, for 3 days.

I have had a visit from 2 monks at our home begging for money, wife says give them 20 baht each, 1 monk threw the 20 baht on the ground and shouted roi nung.

You ask why so bitter, all they want is money money money, and will lie, con, do anything to get it.

31 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You ask why so bitter?

Ok i will tell you, already been posted by me here, but you asked so i will answer.

You say bad things will happen, to bloody late pal, they happened over 3 years ago, my accident.

Which left me paraplegic.

I year after my accident, my wife says people have told me about this monk who can make  you walk again.

Spend 3 weeks at so called healing centre, got hot towel massages, and he came to massage my legs and back every afternoon.

He told us he could feel my legs getting better ( ha bloody ha ), after 3 weeks of this nonsense we went home.

To this day my wife will not tell me how much money he conned her out of, all she says is a lot of money.

6 months later another monk convinced my wife he could make me walk again, same nonsense, same give me money, money.

He sold my wife a bottle of his own brew magic potion, for 2700 baht, yes i went ape shit, we are going home now.

This second monk conned my wife out of 40.000 baht for i hour massage, for 3 days.

I have had a visit from 2 monks at our home begging for money, wife says give them 20 baht each, 1 monk threw the 20 baht on the ground and shouted roi nung.

You ask why so bitter, all they want is money money money, and will lie, con, do anything to get it.

So your resentment lies in the fact that a monk couldn’t fix you from being paraplegic.

They’re not doctors, for Christ’s sake.  

Find a new one, preferably from a city, and learn meditation from a proper monk, there are many around, that might reduce your bitterness.

On 12/03/2017 at 7:58 AM, jerojero said:

Nor sporting a collar and wearing a cross makes you a man of God. There are as many religious plagues of lies within Christian countries.

So what? We are in Thailand talking about what goes on in Thailand. Just because something goes on somewhere else does not diminish or change what happens here.