Need replacement screen for iPhone 7+ ...,

Sandy Freckle

• 2 weeks later...

Yes..., 

On 3/9/2017 at 11:45 PM, bangkokorbust said:

Mbk shopping mall, 4 th floor I think, probably 50 repair shops.
Just curious did you have gorilla glass protector installed? If not let make sure you get it at the same place that puts in a new screen

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Sorry..., I should have assumed MBK would be the place to ask. 
Yes..., back in Farangland Gorilla Glass was fitted. As I'm due back in Farangland soon, I phoned a small arcade shop(in Oz) they said $450 - $500..., yeah right..., good luck with that I thought !  I then phoned my local Aussie Apple store and was told just under $198. I'll pay a visit to MBK...., will also get prices from Apple store in Bkk
Cheers

5 minutes ago, Sandy Freckle said:

Yes..., 

Sorry..., I should have assumed MBK would be the place to ask. 
Yes..., back in Farangland Gorilla Glass was fitted. As I'm due back in Farangland soon, I phoned a small arcade shop(in Oz) they said $450 - $500..., yeah right..., good luck with that I thought !  I then phoned my local Aussie Apple store and was told just under $198. I'll pay a visit to MBK...., will also get prices from Apple store in Bkk
Cheers

be aware though, the MBK sellers dont use OEM parts, so the quality may or may not be the same.

As I understand it, Apple have a fixed price, probably what the aussie store has quoted you.  It will be more than MBK, but its backed by Apple, and I'm not sure I would trust somchai to maintain the waterproof rating....

It was only the protector gorilla screen that was cracked...,  I paid 780 bt for another one..., the guy did right in front of me in 3 min - proper job.  I'm guessing it would have been much cheaper over at one of those little MBK(or anywhere else) stalls.., but I couldn't be buggered going over there after all the running around I'd been doing that day.

Edited by Sandy Freckle

These gorilla screens are indeed much cheaper at one of those little phone stalls that are found all around Bkk..., you just have to make certain if you get them to fit one that they are in fact fitting exactly the authentic 'hard'..., "Gorilla" brand screen and not just a plastic film...., or whatever it is you are wanting. Many of the people operating those stalls can tend to be on the pirate side of shrewd. 

• 4 weeks later...