Thai govt confident water management plan can cope with dry season

webfact

Govt confident water management plan can cope with dry season

BANGKOK, 13 March 2017 (NNT) - The government is confident that the volume of water available for use throughout this year is higher than last year. 

Government spokesman Lt. Gen. Sansern Kaewkamnerd disclosed that Thailand has now completely entered summer and the government has confirmed that there will no water shortages as water management has been systemically planned. 

Thailand currently has a combined amount of water of 21.019 billion cubic meters, up by 7.984 billion cubic meters from the previous year, said the government spokesman. 

The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives has also launched the royal rainmaking operation since March 2 to alleviate haze and forest fires in the north, increase the water volume in dams, alleviate drought problems in agricultural areas above the dams. The operation centers have been set up in five regions nationwide in Chiang Mai, Phitsanulok, Nakhon Sawan, Lop Buri, Buriram, Udon Thani, Chanthaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan and Songkhla provinces, he said. 

However, it is found that farmers began growing off-season rice in many areas especially in the Chao Phraya River Basin which exceeds the water use plan. Farmers are advised to grow plants which require less water and the general public are suggested to use water sparingly. If all parties use water efficiently, about additional 700 million cubic meters of water will remain in large dams until May.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-13

I all ready feel the warnings to not use too much water for the upcoming holiday. Siuts me fine to not get a full bucket of water trown at me when driving motorbike at 60-70 km/h.
Think! All it took for people to understand that was a water shortage. Imagine how much smarter and more understanding everyone wqould be if there suddenly was a shortage of Lao Khao for 2 years!

We will see ... yeah, nothing probably, as it were.

There's a really fat submerged quarry back of our lot where they carved out soil some 30 years ago when constructing Superhighway 1.

The level right now is already down about where it was last June when finally raining sat in ...  

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Government spokesman Lt. Gen. Sansern Kaewkamnerd disclosed that Thailand has now completely entered summer and the government has confirmed that there will no water shortages as water management has been systemically planned. 

What a load of horse pucky get out the shovels and boots. Systemically planned? What is that cloud seeding? A trip to the fortune teller? Add the word confident to the pile of superlatives the government uses. My favorite one is mull. Since posting this another has come up "ramps up"

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Water shortage, nearly every year.

So what steps have been taken this time to prevent it happening??

Answer same as other years       !!  NOTHING  !!

I think they are ramping something up ooops sorry that was care for the elderly. Sink or swim and me thinks its sink your on your own colin. May the rain gods be with you. 

8 hours ago, Get Real said:

I all ready feel the warnings to not use too much water for the upcoming holiday. Siuts me fine to not get a full bucket of water trown at me when driving motorbike at 60-70 km/h.
Think! All it took for people to understand that was a water shortage. Imagine how much smarter and more understanding everyone wqould be if there suddenly was a shortage of Lao Khao for 2 years!

Songkran is tourist baht generating therefore it is treated with reverence sacred in nature. Bahts come first and foremost. 

There plan here "Prachuap" is to turn off the water to everywhere except  Hua  Hin..theyve been doing that for at least 4  years  now......great plan, fortunately  this year rainfall  has been way up from the last 3-4  years.

You need anything done  properly in Thailand.....do it yourself....so says the man with a 1  rai lake 8 metres  deep and 2x 80 metre deep wells.

My advice, never rely on ANY govt but least of  all the Thai one.

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Songkran is tourist baht generating therefore it is treated with reverence sacred in nature. Bahts come first and foremost. 

Sure, forgot that! How can I be so stupid. Lao Khao is also generating Bath! Got it!

I have seen the m.i.l. washing the clothes, in the twin tub upright washing machine , most mornings . What baffles me is that when she is rinsing the clothes the water is flowing constantly and draining non stop . I did question it but was told that this is the way that Thais do their washing . Seems hell of a waste of water to me , continuous rinsing for an hour or 2 at a time .  

Then she is in the garden watering the foliage / leafs on the large trees for an hour . Is that any benefit ?  

I guessed they missed the bit elsewhere about farmers in Chai Nat being told not to plant crops ans there was not enough water. W have had rain late into last month this year- whee did it all go?

2 hours ago, kannot said:

There plan here "Prachuap" is to turn off the water to everywhere except  Hua  Hin..theyve been doing that for at least 4  years  now......great plan, fortunately  this year rainfall  has been way up from the last 3-4  years.

You need anything done  properly in Thailand.....do it yourself....so says the man with a 1  rai lake 8 metres  deep and 2x 80 metre deep wells.

My advice, never rely on ANY govt but least of  all the Thai one.

You have been around the block to many times. 

Archived