TOT ADSL Down for 4 Days , Looking for Wireless Alternatives

JatujakShopper

Well, none of this will come as any surprise to most here. I live in the Jatujak area and yesterday (Sunday) around 2PM my ADSL internet went down. I restarted the router, no change. Tried again at 4PM, still no signal. The Wife got on the phone to TOT and we were informed that our service would be down until Wednesday (at best)! This was due to construction of the sky train. There was no warning whatsoever, no phone calls, no texts, no emails, nothing. I asked what compensation would be provided- none, of course! Not a break on my bill, no temporary alternative, nothing. Of course, we informed them that this was a hardship for us, I do all my business on the internet! Too bad, NO sorry. 

So, my wife set up a temporary fix, a wifi hotspot from her Galaxy tablet. It works, barely, and this morning I missed an important Skype meeting because they couldn't add me to the call- I was showing up to them as having 'technical difficulties'- indeed!

I hear that wireless is the next big, fast thing, and someone recently mentioned a monthly DTAC service as being quite good. If wireless is indeed a viable alternative I will gladly fire TOT and have them come remove their line from my house! If anyone has had a good (or bad!) experience with a wireless set up I would love to hear about it! Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give!  I would love to give those TOT dinosaurs the boot...

Cheers!