Palestinian attacker killed by Israeli police in Jerusalem

webfact

Palestinian attacker killed by Israeli police in Jerusalem

REUTERS

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli border police shot dead a Palestinian who stabbed them at a police station in the old city of Jerusalem on Monday, police said.

The attacker, armed with a knife, followed two officers in the early morning to a police station near Lions Gate along the old city walls and stabbed both of them, inflicting slight wounds, police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said.

After a fight, one of the officers shot and killed the attacker, who was from east Jerusalem, he said.

A wave of Palestinian street attacks, including vehicle rammings, shootings and stabbings, began in October 2015 and has slowed but not stopped. Israel blames the violence on incitement by the Palestinian leadership.

The Palestinian Authority, which exercises limited self-rule in the West Bank, denies that and says assailants have acted out of frustration over Israeli occupation of land sought by Palestinians in peace talks that have been stalled since 2014.

(Reporting by Ari Rabinovitch; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-03-13

18 hours ago, webfact said:

A wave of Palestinian street attacks, including vehicle rammings, shootings and stabbings, began in October 2015 and has slowed but not stopped. Israel blames the violence on incitement by the Palestinian leadership.

Says it all.

Palestinian terrorist having a go at it again.

28 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

If that what the true story really was, which no one will know as it was inside a police station.

The Palestinian was armed with a knife and stabbed both policeman and you suggest this is not true?

Go to any country in the world and try, repeat try, to stab a policeman, see what happens.

Go on, try it and I suggest to do it in the United States.

You won't live to tell about it.

5 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

If that what the true story really was, which no one will know as it was inside a police station.

The OP is somewhat misleading. It wasn't exactly "inside a police station". There's a security checkpoint and a room adjacent to the gate, and used by the emergency squad detail.

The Palestinian was armed with a knife and stabbed both policeman and you suggest this is not true?
Go to any country in the world and try, repeat try, to stab a policeman, see what happens.
Go on, try it and I suggest to do it in the United States.
You won't live to tell about it.

No trolling intended, but the Palestinian died in East-Jerusalem, which is part of the Occupied Territories.

You can't claim self-defense if you are the oppressor...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Thorgal said:

No trolling intended, but the Palestinian died in East-Jerusalem, which is part of the Occupied Territories.

I don't believe anyone but you mentioned "self defense". The usual definition games notwithstanding, most people will not expect security personnel to stand idle while someone tries to stab them.

@Thorgal

What's strange is your obsession with routinely posting nonsense and lies.

The description of security regulations/checks is not correct, and your grasp of related geography seems patchy.

The link provided does not support, or even include the alleged details posted.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:29 PM, Thorgal said:

Unbelievable!

The Palestinian got killed because he tried to kill, and wounded, 2 Israeli  policemen with a knife.

What do you expext the policeman should have done?

A slap on the wrist and tell him " Naughty boy, don't do it again. Now go home to mommy"?

As said before, try to kill a police officer in any country in the world and see what happens. 

Archived