Be Irish For A Day In Pattaya St. Patrick's Day Parade

snoop1130

Be Irish For A Day In Pattaya St. Patrick's Day Parade

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

PATTAYA-696x464.jpg

Photo: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya / Facebook

PATTAYA — The streets of Pattaya will run green Friday to celebrate the Emerald Isle and the fifth-century Catholic saint who inspires people to drink alcohol every year.

The Pattaya St. Patrick’s Day Parade will set out Friday afternoon on Pattaya Beach Road as it has annually since 2010.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/arts/2017/03/13/irish-day-pattaya-st-patricks-day-parade/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-3-13

City hall love a parade and  will again cause traffic mayhem  on the busiest road in Pattaya to have a parade to please a few dozen Micks living in Pattaya .Certainly 99.9% of Thais parading would not have a clue about St Patrick and why would they.

Perhaps one of our Brits will respect the attempt to start a tradition at the Pattaya's very first St. Patrick's Day parade:

Drunk Brit’s nude stroll upstages oncoming parade

Pattaya’s first-ever St. Patrick’s Day parade was temporarily upstaged by a naked British man who stumbled out of a beer bar sans clothing for a stroll down the parade route.

Wandering amid traffic on Second Road about two blocks ahead of the oncoming March 17 parade, the unnamed man appeared drunk and oblivious to the commotion he was causing. Apparently, it wasn’t the first time.

--http://www.pattayamail.com/news/drunk-brits-nude-stroll-upstages-oncoming-parade-2348

That is an ancient and solemn  British tradition which people from other countries just can't get their heads around. Pattaya is a cosmopolitan and inclusive community so you need to go with the flow. Feel free to join in yourself if it happens again. No-one will laugh. Promise.

On 14 March 2560 BE at 0:28 PM, jippytum said:

City hall love a parade and  will again cause traffic mayhem  on the busiest road in Pattaya to have a parade to please a few dozen Micks living in Pattaya .Certainly 99.9% of Thais parading would not have a clue about St Patrick and why would they.

Pattaya is a "Holiday City"........

Parades make it more interesting and entertaining....

I have no objection to waiting a few minutes for it to pass by.....

I don't think it really matters if Thais aren't aware of its significance.....they will be next year

I'm not Irish.....but wish them a happy day

As for the dopey Brit' streaker.....someone should have thrown a pot of green paint over him....

Well done you idiot for bringing yet more embarassment to we Brits....

On 14 March 2560 BE at 0:28 PM, jippytum said:

Pattaya is a "Holiday City"........

Parades make it more interesting and entertaining....

I have no objection to waiting a few minutes for it to pass by.....

I don't think it really matters if Thais aren't aware of its significants .....they will be next year

I'm not Irish.....but wish them a happy day

As for the dopey Brit' streaker.....someone should have thrown a pot of green paint over him....

Well done you idiot for bringing yet more embarassment to we Brits....

Archived