What does this say?

Krimse123

ร้านข่อยกะลูกค้าเข้าดีๆหมออายบ่กล้านั่งน้าร้านคนเดียวย่านผู้บ่าวมีแต่ผูบ่าวฝรั่งหลายกะเดินถ้าเป็นไปได้สิเลิกกลับผัวมานั่งร้านหยู่เด้อาหารหูอาหารตา5555มีแต่คนหล่อฮิๆๆๆๆBossใหญ่มานั่งเฝ้าเมียเลยค่ะ

บ่รับเติมแล้วฮิๆๆๆๆคนมีผัวบ่เอาจ้าเอาแต่คนโสด

ว่าซั่นติ. หึยว่าไป. พี่น่ะโสดย่ะ

thanks

No takers? I can't understand it in detail but there is lots to discuss.
My shop and customers get on well . หมออาย subject, บ not(?) dares to sit out front alone "บ่าว area " has only many farang in บ่าว area" กะ walk if they can สิ stop , married men come back sit in shop เด้อ ear food eye food ha ha ha, there are only handsome men he he he, big Boss comes to protect his misses ka.

I am assuming a roadside bar .

Can anyone contribute?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

ร้านข่อยกะลูกค้าเข้าดีๆหมออายบ่กล้านั่งน้าร้านคนเดียวย่านผู้บ่าวมีแต่ผูบ่าวฝรั่งหลายกะเดินถ้าเป็นไปได้สิเลิกกลับผัวมานั่งร้านหยู่เด้อาหารหูอาหารตา5555มีแต่คนหล่อฮิๆๆๆๆBossใหญ่มานั่งเฝ้าเมียเลยค่ะ

บ่รับเติมแล้วฮิๆๆๆๆคนมีผัวบ่เอาจ้าเอาแต่คนโสด

ว่าซั่นติ. หึยว่าไป. พี่น่ะโสดย่

Issan dialect

something like this 

The massage parlour I work in  has plenty of customers, the massage girls daren't sit out in front of the salon alone, they're afraid of the men. There are many Western men walking by.... if you can finish with your husband/boyfriend come to the parlour, there is plenty of eye candy-  handsome men the lot! The big boss comes to sit and keep an eye on his wife.

They don't want girls with husbands ha ha , only singles.

The last line I'm not sure.

Bannork why didn't you do that in the first place?
I didn't research much so would like to see how you come by the specific points.
I guess that หมออาย is the massage giver so that is where you get massage parlour.
I looked for ข่อย in Londoo and didn't notice that I was reading ข้อย 'I' so what do you make of it? The name of the shop is what I was looking for. ข่อย is some sort of plant, is it the name of the shop?

That's a start, I have more questions, could be dialect.
I learnt one word of Isaan the other day when I said. ฝรั่งกินฝรั่ง a caddy offered บักศรีดา for ฝรั่ง . If this is in dialect they don't use it here so I suppose it isn't popular, too long I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, tgeezer said:

Bannork why didn't you do that in the first place?
I didn't research much so would like to see how you come by the specific points.
I guess that หมออาย is the massage giver so that is where you get massage parlour.
I looked for ข่อย in Londoo and didn't notice that I was reading ข้อย 'I' so what do you make of it? The name of the shop is what I was looking for. ข่อย is some sort of plant, is it the name of the shop?

That's a start, I have more questions, could be dialect.
I learnt one word of Isaan the other day when I said. ฝรั่งกินฝรั่ง a caddy offered บักศรีดา for ฝรั่ง . If this is in dialect they don't use it here so I suppose it isn't popular, too long I suppose.

Just noticed the passage, I haven't got time to play golf all day 555

my reasoning is this: 

ร้านข่อย    ข่อย is Issan for I/me so I guess rather than being the owner of the salon/parlour it probably means the place she works at

I think หมออาย is a typo for  หมออาบ- masseuse 

บ่=no/not  so บ่กล้า=dare not

ย่าน is Issan for afraid

ผู้บ่าว is Issan for young men/guys

อาหารหูอาหารตา-I guess is pleasing on the eye, fanciable,

Thanks bannork.
So it isn't really Thai, I already knew that but thought that I could figure it out. I feel that if I know central Thai then slang is not so inventive that it can't be worked out, but Isaan is a differen beast.
Whether misspelling ข้อย > ข่อย could be considered Isaan is debatable!
Just to make sense of it I think that I wouldn't say that a woman who gives massage to men is likely to be afraid of men. หมออาย บ่กลัว I would make too shy to be seen sitting outside the shop. ย่าน means area in central Thai, ย่านผู้บ่าวมีแต่ผูบ่าวฝรั่ง She is probably being figurative, saying that customers are all farang. I don't think that this shop is in any areas that I have encountered, ผู้บ่าวหล่อ is not how I would describe most farang who use massage parlours!
A good exercise is recognising what to avoid reading!

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

Thanks bannork.
So it isn't really Thai, I already knew that but thought that I could figure it out. I feel that if I know central Thai then slang is not so inventive that it can't be worked out, but Isaan is a differen beast.
Whether misspelling ข้อย > ข่อย could be considered Isaan is debatable!
Just to make sense of it I think that I wouldn't say that a woman who gives massage to men is likely to be afraid of men. หมออาย บ่กลัว I would make too shy to be seen sitting outside the shop. ย่าน means area in central Thai, ย่านผู้บ่าวมีแต่ผูบ่าวฝรั่ง She is probably being figurative, saying that customers are all farang. I don't think that this shop is in any areas that I have encountered, ผู้บ่าวหล่อ is not how I would describe most farang who use massage parlours!
A good exercise is recognising what to avoid reading!

Sometimes ข่อย is written  ข้อย in Issan

Afraid to sit alone outside the salon- probably can't speak English well- the boss probably wants someone to sit outside calling  in passing trade- doesn't have to be a knocking shop, 

Kudos to bannock for figuring out that หมออาย is a typo for หมออาบ

Now everything makes sense to me.

The last sentence that you weren't sure about then is basically just the playful response to the comment about relationship status:   I am still single.

All the extra phrases are just the expression added for emphasis and fun.  

8 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Is หมออาบ Isaan? It is a weird typo the same letter one after another อาบ่บ the first one missed the second hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

no, she's simply pressed ย on the keyboard to produce  หมออาย  instead of บ which would produce the correct หมออาบ It's easily done, the letters are next to each other.

Whether it is a typo or not hinges on two things, one is whether หมออาบ is a common word in Isaan. Central Thai is หมอนวด which I think is more euphomistic than หมออาบ.
The mechanics of typing is the other curiosity, in typing two letters บบ่ why change keys to type the second?
Like all of these snippets without context it is almost impossible to know what the meaning is especially where dialect is concerned but phrases like เข้าดี ๆ looks like a verb saying something about "My shop and customers" to me because I make ร้านข่อยกับ(กะ)ลูกค้า. However I can't make หลายกับ (กะ) เดิน What do you make of that?

I asked this question on Facetime yesterday and was berated for trying to understand this sort of language. This is the view of most of my friends but the annoyance I produced could also have been because the person I asked had no idea what หมออาบ was!

33 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Whether it is a typo or not hinges on two things, one is whether หมออาบ is a common word in Isaan. Central Thai is หมอนวด which I think is more euphomistic than หมออาบ.
The mechanics of typing is the other curiosity, in typing two letters บบ่ why change keys to type the second?
Like all of these snippets without context it is almost impossible to know what the meaning is especially where dialect is concerned but phrases like เข้าดี ๆ looks like a verb saying something about "My shop and customers" to me because I make ร้านข่อยกับ(กะ)ลูกค้า. However I can't make หลายกับ (กะ) เดิน What do you make of that?

I asked this question on Facetime yesterday and was berated for trying to understand this sort of language. This is the view of most of my friends but the annoyance I produced could also have been because the person I asked had no idea what หมออาบ was!

tgeezer- google in  หมออาบ and see what you get- dozens of photos of masseuses, of course it's the bath massages, ie prostitution.

On a keyboard (pc) ย and บ are adjacent- easy to typo,  there is no typo here with ย and บ่.... the typo is with ย written when it should be บ- they are next to each other on the keyboard

there's no กับ here ร้านข่อยกะลูกค้า กะ=ก์  - my salon ( but she mentions the boss so far more likely she just works there) so translates as: the salon I work in , well, it has many customers

มีแต่ผูบ่าวฝรั่งหลายกะเดิน  -there are just/only many Western men walking by  or lots of only Western men walking by- (not complaining but praising coz as she then says they are all handsome)

I am not saying that หมออาบ isn't an Isaan expression just that I can't find it in any text. I did google หมออาบ and found pictures of masage parlours, films of a baby boy having a bath titled หมอ อาบน้ำโซว์ 1, หมอ appears to be the kids name. Pantip had หมอวรรษ which also appears to be a name. Google search seems to be governed by both หมอ and อาบ but I didn't find หมออาบ in any of the text.
The likelyhood of a typo? I can't envisage a situation when one would type one of a pair of letters wrongly, for example, แบบ two taps on the same key = แยบ !

Also grammatically หมออายบ่กล้า.....says that the reason for that she is not brave enough is because she is shy.

I think that I shall keep an open mind on it.

incidentally or not depending on one's point of view, having posted a question why not join in the discussion. Some background might be helpful, anyone can look up words and make guesses but context is helpful. Who wrote it, was it to a specific person etc.

6 hours ago, tgeezer said:

I am not saying that หมออาบ isn't an Isaan expression just that I can't find it in any text. I did google หมออาบ and found pictures of masage parlours, films of a baby boy having a bath titled หมอ อาบน้ำโซว์ 1, หมอ appears to be the kids name. Pantip had หมอวรรษ which also appears to be a name. Google search seems to be governed by both หมอ and อาบ but I didn't find หมออาบ in any of the text.
The likelyhood of a typo? I can't envisage a situation when one would type one of a pair of letters wrongly, for example, แบบ two taps on the same key = แยบ !

Also grammatically หมออายบ่กล้า.....says that the reason for that she is not brave enough is because she is shy.

I think that I shall keep an open mind on it.

I can't envisage a situation when one would type one of a pair of letters wrongly, for example, แบบ two taps on the same key = แยบ !- it's not the same letter twice !! it's หมออาย  instead of หมออาบ    า is next to ย instead of บ      

า  and ย  are not next to each other but ย and บ  are on the keyboard!!

5 hours ago, tgeezer said:

incidentally or not depending on one's point of view, having posted a question why not join in the discussion. Some background might be helpful, anyone can look up words and make guesses but context is helpful. Who wrote it, was it to a specific person etc.

If it was a post he copied from his 'girlfriend's' phone I wouldn't post again. The woman was writing to her friend.

Labouring the point I suppose but I can't understand why you can's see that the two letters are บ อาบบ่ . Anyway it isn't important I assumed a typist was typing but if it was someone searching for keys with no idea what he was writing then the original may well have been อาบ .
I still have not found any text with หมออาบ in it, have you? I would like to see something which shows that it is not only his girlfriend who uses this expression.

Just now, tgeezer said:

Labouring the point I suppose but I can't understand why you can's see that the two letters are บ อาบบ่ . Anyway it isn't important I assumed a typist was typing but if it was someone searching for keys with no idea what he was writing then the original may well have been อาบ .
I still have not found any text with หมออาบ in it, have you? I would like to see something which shows that it is not only his girlfriend who uses this expression.

บ่ here is with กล้า   บ่กล้า = daren't  

Regarding the use of หมออาบ for masseuse giving a massage in a bath, ie prostitution, how about a visit to the nearest 'baths' ( all in the interest of research of course) ?

So you haven't found หมออาบ in any text apart from this one piece, have you Bayleaf? I appear to be at odds with everyone else, as usual, the only one who doesn't think that อาย was bad transcription.

So we know that หมออาบ is what one not very well educated employee and a few here calls her position in a ร้านที่ลูกค่าเข้าดี ๆ . I wonder what she means by ดี ๆ does she mean ปรกติ ? In that case she would not be required to sit outside, a useful point to make to a friend who is reluctant to join her but who doesn't want be seen doing so.
Another encouraging word is ปรับเดิมแล้ว ฮิๆๆๆ She has adjusted her history, her friend can do the same เลิกกบัย (that is a typo!) เลิกกลับผัวมา
นั้งร้านอยู่ I am not sure that I have parsed that correctly because I don't know what เด้อ is. I found เด้า in the dictionary, it fits the mood of the piece loosely but I can't make it fit the context. เด้า which is an impolite but uncommon word apparently meaning ทำกันขึ้น ๆ ลง ๆ

57 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

So you haven't found หมออาบ in any text apart from this one piece, have you Bayleaf? I appear to be at odds with everyone else, as usual, the only one who doesn't think that อาย was bad transcription.

So we know that หมออาบ is what one not very well educated employee and a few here calls her position in a ร้านที่ลูกค่าเข้าดี ๆ . I wonder what she means by ดี ๆ does she mean ปรกติ ? In that case she would not be required to sit outside, a useful point to make to a friend who is reluctant to join her but who doesn't want be seen doing so.
Another encouraging word is ปรับเดิมแล้ว ฮิๆๆๆ She has adjusted her history, her friend can do the same เลิกกบัย (that is a typo!) เลิกกลับผัวมา
นั้งร้านอยู่ I am not sure that I have parsed that correctly because I don't know what เด้อ is. I found เด้า in the dictionary, it fits the mood of the piece loosely but I can't make it fit the context. เด้า which is an impolite but uncommon word apparently meaning ทำกันขึ้น ๆ ลง ๆ

เด้อ is Issan and equivalent to the Thai นะ   or sometimes เลย  - it adds strength to the phrase, command or comment

ถ้าเป็นไปได้สิเลิกกลับผัวมานั่งร้านหยู่เด้อ- if you can finish with your boyfriend/husband come and sit in the parlour/salon!

you hear เด้อ all the time in Issan, especially at the end of sentences, 

Thanks very much for เด้อ I see that you have kept หยู่ I took that to be อยู่
I have to keep in mind that this might not be understandable from a grammatical point of view, after all there are many people in every society who don't know subjects, verbs, object, adj., etc. but it doesn't stop them because they speak patterns. However the patterns are set by poeple who do know the different tasks of words so we should all be able to understand one another apart from when dialect is employed.
I understand the individual phrases pretty well I am trying to get at the message, we can never know for sure.

The last line I think might have a name , ว่าซั้นติ tell Sandy ?
I think that we have gone about as far as we can with this.
Talking of เลย have you heard my joke on that word? I thought everyone knew it but when I told it to a caddy the other day she hadn't so I would like to repeat it if you hadn't!

\