Hong Kong Thai Embassy

Hello,

Have run search but have not see detailed answer....

Does anyone have detailed advice (similar to recent thread on KL or Penang?) on the process, ie getting to Thai embassy/consulate in Hong Kong. It will be for second back to back 60 tourist visa, for girlfriend, she is USA citizen, as am I (Work Permit Holder).

Thank you in advance...

Hello,

Does anyone have detailed advice (similar to recent thread on KL or Penang?) on the process, ie getting to Thai embassy/consulate in Hong Kong. It will be for second back to back 60 tourist visa, for girlfriend, she is USA citizen, as am I (Work Permit Holder).

Thank you in advance...

I cannot comment specifically on a 2nd visa, but when you apply for double entry TV you need to show flight tickets for both trips.

For some reason I cannot open their website ( www.thai-consulate.org.hk )at the moment, but you can get an E-mail from that site. Sugges you E-mail and ask them. I usually find them very helpful. Location is in Central on Hong Kong Island. Convenient on all transport bus taxi maxi-cab MTR (subway). Applications in by noon (maybe 11.30 - check) can be collected 0930 next working day.

Hello,

Thank you in advance...

http://www.thai-consulate.org.hk/

What did you search for? Over 1 million references in 0.21 seconds. By the way, it is a consulate, not an embassy.

Only one piece of advice - DO NOT GO!!!!

It is shut on the 2nd and 3rd

While I really appreciate the advice from this board, it is too bad that so many people must lecture.

While many are here for years, some of us, are not. I appreciate any advice I can get. I am by no means an expert, and have learned a lot through this site.

Thanks for all the advice I can get, and to those who just sit and complain and be negative, please bother someone else, a different site. Remember, a long time ago, you may have been new and not had all the answers. While here for only six months, I have a very, very good life here. I work hard, get well taken care of my my employer, but am not married and must take care of my girlfriends visa by myself which dictates spending lots of money outside of Thailand. I would much rather spend $2500 in Thailand, or one of the islands, but have to leave to get (hopefully) another VISA for her (tourist) outside. No complaints, guest in this country, and again, thank you for all your help to those who offer the useful help.....

While I really appreciate the advice from this board, it is too bad that so many people must lecture.

While many are here for years, some of us, are not. I appreciate any advice I can get. I am by no means an expert, and have learned a lot through this site.

Thanks for all the advice I can get, and to those who just sit and complain and be negative, please bother someone else, a different site. Remember, a long time ago, you may have been new and not had all the answers. While here for only six months, I have a very, very good life here. I work hard, get well taken care of my my employer, but am not married and must take care of my girlfriends visa by myself which dictates spending lots of money outside of Thailand. I would much rather spend $2500 in Thailand, or one of the islands, but have to leave to get (hopefully) another VISA for her (tourist) outside. No complaints, guest in this country, and again, thank you for all your help to those who offer the useful help.....

As Axel says, you wanted help and you got it. In your initial post you said "Have run search but have not see detailed answer...." I merely put 4 words into the search - 'Hong Kong Thai Embassy', what did you type in? . The first reference that came up was 'Royal Thai Consulate General (HK) - Main Page'. I assume that you do have the internet in your home country so how does only being here in Thailand for 6 months fit into the equation?

One further piece of advice that I will offer you - when you fill out visa forms, it will be better to use pen rather than crayon.

Edited by gpt

I think you are a little ungreatful. You ask for advice and when you get it you complain. Suggest you try another forum next time - or just go to the website (it has been given to you twice ) and send them an E-mail.

I think the OP was indicating he did a ThaiVisa.com search for info on the process at the HKG consulate, and how to get to the HKG consulate.

He could well have already visited the Hong Kong Consulate's web site, but was just looking for some first-hand experience from some ThaiVisa members who had been to the HKG Consulate?

I think the OP was indicating he did a ThaiVisa.com search for info on the process at the HKG consulate, and how to get to the HKG consulate.

He could well have already visited the Hong Kong Consulate's web site, but was just looking for some first-hand experience from some ThaiVisa members who had been to the HKG Consulate?

I seriously doubt it. He called it an Embassy.

I just got back from getting a single-entry Tourist Visa in Hong Kong, very easy. Drop off passport and app one morning and pick it up the next day.

All that was needed was one application (available from their web site), photos, and copy of passport, both ID page and HK entry stamp page. Plus some money of course.

The lobby and info window are open 30 minutes or so earlier than the visa section opens and there is a bit of a morning rush but it moved very fast.

Use a cab to get there the first time you unless you already know exactly where it's at.

The location in Central is close to Bank of China and Ritz-Carlton. It's close to the Central MRT Station.

The web site page for holiday closures is a few years out of date. If you are going on a

Thank you to the last post, which is just what I needed, some advice from someone who was actually there and has helpful, FACTUAL, information.

As you pointed out, I, too visited the webpage and while half the time I could not enter the site, the other times I looked and it is about three years outdated.

Thank you for your first hand information about the HK Thai visa information, Smoking Joe, it was much appreciated.

Just to update, I will be going to Thai Consulate (geesh, sorry not Embassy) at beginning of the year. Called and they will be open Jan 2 btw.

My situation is a little different. I have a great job (better money than home country) and all expenses are paid by employer. Of course, there is a catch. My girlfriend is not Thai, and she can only get a permanent visa if I marry her (by employer), which will not happen soon.

So, I will go with my girlfriend, letter stating employment and status, and hope for the best. Guess I will reapply for tourist visa for her. (it will be back to back tourist, first with 30 day extension).

I am sure I am in the minority, but I would much rather stay in Thailand and go for a week on vacation inside Thailand every three months. But with this system, I am forced to leave with her and spend a week in Hong Kong, Singapore next, and then maybe Australia. Seems a little wierd, as I am willing to spend $2000-up everytime, with money that would be spent here.

Maybe they will understand and give multi entry year visa to allow for this? Ya, I doubt it too.