Video: Drinking on the job - civil servant caught with booze in his office in Roi-Et

webfact

Video: Drinking on the job - civil servant caught with booze in his office in Roi-Et

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

ROI-ET: -- The governor of Roi-Et has acted swiftly to remove a local government official who was caught drinking Thai whiskey in his office.

He has been transferred back to the central town hall in the north eastern province while an investigation is carried out.

The civil servant in the At Samart district was exposed by another government worker who went to visit him. The other man was from Tawatburi district and was visiting on business, reported Thai News Agency.

But armed with a camera at the ready he recorded four clips that quickly found their way onto social media. As he enters the office two men quickly move the damning evidence.

When governor Surit Withun saw the clips he immediately ordered the transfer and an investigation to get to the bottom of what was happening.

National TV reported that this followed another case earlier in the month when a mayor was caught engaging in the gambling game Hi-Lo when at work.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-16

Over reaction ?? Was he doing a good job ?

I was somewhat surprised to see office workers in the UK who work for a big tabloid

having a few pints with their lunch.

That would right off my working afternoon but not them. They still made their deadlines

42 minutes ago, Redline said:

Completely normal here

T'is in lots of places.

I remember attending a morning meeting in Denmark. On the tables were bottles of juice, water and beer. 9.30 am and the guy making the first presentation cracks open a beer!

14 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

T'is in lots of places.

I remember attending a morning meeting in Denmark. On the tables were bottles of juice, water and beer. 9.30 am and the guy making the first presentation cracks open a beer!

You were lucky. When I had meetings in Denmark after 1600 out would come the Gammel Dansk and everyone was given a glass full. Gammel Dansk is a traditional Danish spirit which tastes like cough mixture and can really blow your brains out.

On 16/03/2017 at 10:06 AM, natway09 said:

Over reaction ?? Was he doing a good job ?

I was somewhat surprised to see office workers in the UK who work for a big tabloid

having a few pints with their lunch.

That would right off my working afternoon but not them. They still made their deadlines

What do you expect it was a tabloid. My old boss used to buy us ANYTHING to get us geed up for some phone bashing.