Thailand's junta outlines promised 20-year strategy

snoop1130

20 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

And the Thai nationals that I live amongst do not give a rats about corrupt politics. They are happy to have some peace and order in the country. If you are a visitor to this this country as I am, you should not be meddling in something that has no bearing on you. But I suspect you do not live here and if you do, you show no courtesy to the host country. How would you feel if I went to your former country and posted the constant negative and interfering posts that you constantly do. Maybe you should move to Spain. Or you could grab a life

You can move to England and complain as much as you want about the government / system of governance with my blessing. That is exactly the way it should be.

How exactly am I meddling in Thai affairs by commenting on an English language forum just as you are?

You suspect I don't live here. Yeeeaah... You see how on my profile it says 'Location: Chumphon'? It just so happens that Chumphon happens to be in Thailand. Now off you go to make a solemn report about me to the Due Authorities for writing something you don't agree with. Or try hitting the 'Report' button on here and see if that comes up trumps.

I notice you made no mention of Thai dissidents who are in jail for simply voicing their objections. The hell with them, eh?

Edited by baboon

You can move to England and complain as much as you want about the government / system of governance with my blessing. That is exactly the way it should be.

How exactly am I meddling in Thai affairs by commenting on an English language forum just as you are?

You suspect I don't live here. Yeeeaah... You see how on my profile it says 'Location: Chumphon'? It just so happens that Chumphon happens to be in Thailand. Now off you go to make a solemn report about me to the Due Authorities for writing something you don't agree with. Or try hitting the 'Report' button on here and see if that comes up trumps.

I notice you made no mention of Thai dissidents who are in jail for simply voicing their objections. The hell with them, eh?

"notice you made no mention of Thai dissidents who are in jail for simply voicing their objections. The hell with them, eh?"

They are not to bright. Wana be martyrs that knew what the outcome would be. The last 19 coups were no different. The whole point of it is to put a lid on it and stabilize the country.

Let the junta run it's course and those guys can start stirring trouble at the next elections

36 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

And the Thai nationals that I live amongst do not give a rats about corrupt politics. They are happy to have some peace and order in the country. If you are a visitor to this this country as I am, you should not be meddling in something that has no bearing on you. But I suspect you do not live here and if you do, you show no courtesy to the host country. How would you feel if I went to your former country and posted the constant negative and interfering posts that you constantly do. Maybe you should move to Spain. Or you could grab a life

How does posting comment on a forum for foreigners constitute "meddling"?

The US is full of "visitors" (illegals actually), by the million, who have no qualms whatsoever about expressing THEIR negative comments (and being a whole lot more in-your-face about it and doing a whole lot more than innocuous posting on member forums!).  So what exactly is your problem here?  Just the usual tired, lame, self-righteous, oh-what-a-good-boy-am-I, love-it-or-leave-it rant?

Maybe if you don't like what you're reading, YOU should be the one to consider moving on...

On 3/16/2017 at 7:37 PM, Thaiwrath said:

To catch Dhammachayo.

That's classic. Someone should do a cartoon.

-

"...legally binding on future governments..."

Aww shucks, you funny Thai announcers, using that quaint, oxymoronic, toadish dialect again.

Oh, forgive me. My mistake: it's Central Puppet Master. Sorry, I'm always getting them confused with so much of their vocabulary being the same.

The US is full of "visitors" (illegals actually), by the million, who have no qualms whatsoever about expressing THEIR negative comments (and being a whole lot more in-your-face about it and doing a whole lot more than innocuous posting on member forums!).  So what exactly is your problem here?  Just the usual tired, lame, self-righteous, oh-what-a-good-boy-am-I, love-it-or-leave-it rant?

Maybe if you don't like what you're reading, YOU should be the one to consider moving on...

Nonsense. Illegals always have and always will keep a low profile, it ain't rocket science as to why. You don't risk your life getting there just to get arrested and deported when a rally turns violent.

Anonymous on the web I's a different story. No different to farang here.. Happy to bash but always always behind a fire wall

wow, and I thought the original idea was to stick around a few months and have an election. Just goes to show how past junta's and Mr T really stuffed the system up? And this crew had a bite of the cherry once before and got it wrong. Lucky they can't be attacked for any misdeeds as they wrote this into their new laws. The untouchables are just making sure the true minority will govern for years to come.

21 minutes ago, payttayasquirt said:

"notice you made no mention of Thai dissidents who are in jail for simply voicing their objections. The hell with them, eh?"

They are not to bright. Wana be martyrs that knew what the outcome would be. The last 19 coups were no different. The whole point of it is to put a lid on it and stabilize the country.

Let the junta run it's course and those guys can start stirring trouble at the next elections

""notice you made no mention of Thai dissidents who are in jail for simply voicing their objections. The hell with them, eh?""

"They are not to bright."

Indeed.

Edited by baboon

wow, and I thought the original idea was to stick around a few months and have an election. Just goes to show how past junta's and Mr T really stuffed the system up? And this crew had a bite of the cherry once before and got it wrong. Lucky they can't be attacked for any misdeeds as they wrote this into their new laws. The untouchables are just making sure the true minority will govern for years to come.

Huh? No way a few months would diffuse the political tinder box. How did you think that would work?

Just waltz in and waltz out and everything gonna be OK. Nieve to Say the least.

1 minute ago, payttayasquirt said:

Huh? No way a few months would diffuse the political tinder box. How did you think that would work?

Just waltz in and waltz out and everything gonna be OK. Nieve to Say the least.

That is what they said, originally. But then again not well informed?

Or perhaps accept that people can have and express views that differ from yours...

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Or perhaps accept that people can have and express views that differ from yours...

Subject to maintaining public order and good morals, of course.

Relevant section of the daft constitution:

Section 34 A person shall enjoy the liberty to express his opinion, make
speech, write, print, publicize, and make expression by other means. Restriction on such
liberty shall not be permitted, except by virtue of the provisions of the law specifically
enacted for the purpose of maintaining the security of the State, protecting the rights or
liberties of other persons, maintaining public order or good morals of people, or
safeguarding the health of the people.

Good idea Khun Prayuth Chan-O-Cha ...

He has worked hard to get Thailand back to where it should be.

At least there is governing stability which was missing before.

There is security and no more protesters blocking airports and roads.

Well done Junta ....   I salute you Khun Prayuth ...:jap:

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

Good idea Khun Prayuth Chan-O-Cha ...

He has worked hard to get Thailand back to where it should be.

At least there is governing stability which was missing before.

There is security and no more protesters blocking airports and roads.

Well done Junta ....   I salute you Khun Prayuth ...:jap:

Now if the trains could just run on time all would wonderful.

Now who destabilized the elected government(s), blocked the airports and roads? Oh never mind.

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Now if the trains could just run on time all would wonderful.

Now who destabilized the elected government(s), blocked the airports and roads? Oh never mind.

I know there are many here who don't agree but I prefer the new Thailand and not the old one.

I don't have a problem with the Junta, if one has nothing to hide then one can move freely around wherever.

The military have a job to do and that is provide a stable government which is the key.

I would be happy to see the country continue for the next 20 yrs with Junta in control.

:jap:

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I know there are many here who don't agree but I prefer the new Thailand and not the old one.

I don't have a problem with the Junta, if one has nothing to hide then one can move freely around wherever.

The military have a job to do and that is provide a stable government which is the key.

I would be happy to see the country continue for the next 20 yrs with Junta in control.

:jap:

Perhaps one could misquote Rupert Brookes from the closing stanza of his poem "The Old Vicarage Grantchester"

The lies, and truths, and pain?… oh! yet
Stands the Church clock at ten to three?       140
And is there still a bargirl on my knee?

7 minutes ago, JAG said:

Perhaps one could misquote Rupert Brookes from the closing stanza of his poem "The Old Vicarage Grantchester"

The lies, and truths, and pain?… oh! yet
Stands the Church clock at ten to three?       140
And is there still a bargirl on my knee?

"There may be a bargirl on your knee, but honey doesn't stay for tea."       :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, ratcatcher said:

"There may be a bargirl on your knee, but honey doesn't stay for tea."       :thumbsup:

Yes, these days advancing years and the restrictions placed upon me by my all female family means I should probably be quoting from Robert Graves "Goodbye to All That".

:sad::sad:

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan-O-Cha is doing the job that the previous had failed .  :jap:

Prayuth is just the last in a long line of Generals-cum-PM, ... There is nothing new here. And the military does not lead to success... They are the problem.

On 3/18/2017 at 11:53 AM, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan-O-Cha is doing the job that the previous had failed .  :jap:

Wow, can't believe you are suggesting that all the previous military rulers of Thailand, along with other personages of import, have failed Thailand.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Wow, can't believe you are suggesting that all the previous military rulers of Thailand, along with other personages of import, have failed Thailand.

lol .....  i think you know who i'm referring to ....