3G - unlimited internet plan – Have I got this right?

Once Bitten

I am looking for a 3G -  unlimited internet plan that has a decent GB amount before its throttled down in speed , I came across this My Net Jumbo ( Post Paid ) package from CAT .

The actual package I was thinking about would be the 699 Baht + VAT per month option , the confusing part is the Thai wording ( even on the English web page setting ) . It seems to imply that you get 13GB , and after that amount has been reached , the speed is then throttled down to 384 Kbps for the remainder of the month.

I thought I would ask here to see if I am reading the package info correctly , before I go to the CAT office .

Web Link..

http://www.mybycat.com/en/PostPay.php?package=4_my-NET-JUMBO

So am I reading the web site information correctly , or am I missing some thing , any thoughts / comments / advice -  welcome :thumbsup:

Thanks 

19 minutes ago, Once Bitten said:

It seems to imply that you get 13GB , and after that amount has been reached , the speed is then throttled down to 384 Kbps for the remainder of the month.

Yes, that's how I read it too.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Yes, that's how I read it too.

Thanks for the confirmation , I live out in the sticks and to far away for a telephone wired ADSL connection, but AIS and True wireless signals are at full strength .

So basically I’m looking for the best post paid unlimited wireless package ( Cost / GB amount before throttling ) for around 1,000 Baht per month .

And so far this CAT My Net Jumbo ( 13GB ) package at 699 +VAT looks like it may be the best value .

27 minutes ago, JamJar said:

It's a good option if you want a hands off solution. But you can get double that amount of full speed data for that money, from other providers. 

Thanks for the advice , could you please explain a bit more ?

55 minutes ago, Once Bitten said:

Thanks for the advice , could you please explain a bit more ?

How do you intend to utilise the data? Via a Smartphone or MiFi for instance?

Utilised for computers etc or just for Smartphone usage?

Edited by JamJar

18 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

TOT and AIS both have WiNet wireless internet with unlimited use at around 700 baht per month. Good speed too.

I think it's FibreNet/AirNet with AIS.

He can at least ask about it. CAT has HiNet. TOT may be WiNet.

On 3/20/2017 at 10:24 PM, Once Bitten said:

Thanks for the confirmation , I live out in the sticks and to far away for a telephone wired ADSL connection, but AIS and True wireless signals are at full strength .

So basically I’m looking for the best post paid unlimited wireless package ( Cost / GB amount before throttling ) for around 1,000 Baht per month .

And so far this CAT My Net Jumbo ( 13GB ) package at 699 +VAT looks like it may be the best value .

I have AIS post paid 22gb / month for around 1200b full speed then throttled. can buy extra gb at speed if you need. this still not so good for me as AIS rarely gives 4g at my home, ok for general net work but streaming a nightmare.