Unexpected 90 Day reporting slip in passport

Went to Chaeng Wattana for the first time to extend my 90 day entry (Non-O Multi) and received another 60 days. All went pretty smoothly, I decided to arrive at 13.00 after the lunch break and had everything sorted by 15.30.

I was surprised, however, to see a 90 day reporting slip in my passport which has a date (in June) on it that corresponds with 90 days from when the extension was granted. My understanding is that I can only stay another 60 days (until mid March) then I have to do a visa run as a further extension is not possible. I also thought that re-entering the country 'reset the clock' on a 90 day stay. Now I'm assuming that one of my assumptions is wrong!

Strange thing is, I once did an extension (same visa type) at Prachuap Khiri Khan Immigration in Hua Hin and did not receive the 90 day slip in passport, so I'm guessing that things have changed in the last 18 months or so on this front.

Q: Do I need to action this 90 day report in June when I re-enter the kingdom?

No.

It's possible for you to apply for a 1 year extension at the end of the 60 days, which is why they have given you a report date. If you leave at the end of 60 days, and don't extend again then the 90 day report date will not apply.

45 minutes ago, glegolo said:

But isn´t it really strange that these guys at immigration do 90 day report on a non imm O-VISA it is against the rules overall if I am not mistaken.... Very strange really....

Glegolo

They aren't. The visa used for entry is irrelevant. 

We are expected to report every 90 days. The 60 day extension counted as a 90 day report, and the next is due in another 90 days IF the OP stays in the country.