Pattaya visa agent for LEGAL approach

Having the needed document to change a tourist visa into a Non-O in Pattaya (income confirmation letter from embassy),

but like to have the process done without any headache and avoiding waiting times at immigration, can somebody recommand a reliable visa agent.

Munotlaw

10 hours ago, tazly said:

How much do these agents charge, assuming the funds are in place. (i.e. based on 800k deposit at time of application)

I don't think it's always possible to say how much because every case is different. I phoned to ask but It depends on exactly what work is required.

I tend to do everything else myself but as a ball park figure, what I can say is that, including the British Embassy, fees Darren charges me 3500 baht for the income letter. That was cheaper and a lot less hassle than going to Bangkok myself to do it.

I believe you can apply to the British Embassy by post for the letter which would cut out the hassle but you're then dependent on Thai post so I still use Key Visa because I know they can and do go to the Embassy every week, in person, to collect the letter(s).

21 minutes ago, sumrit said:

I believe you can apply to the British Embassy by post for the letter which would cut out the hassle but you're then dependent on Thai post so I still use Key Visa because I know they can and do go to the Embassy every week, in person, to collect the letter(s).

Are you sure they are not mailing them in for you?

The notice on the embassy website clearly states they cannot be done in person. They only accept mailed in applications.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sumrit said:

I don't think it's always possible to say how much because every case is different. I phoned to ask but It depends on exactly what work is required.

I tend to do everything else myself but as a ball park figure, what I can say is that, including the British Embassy, fees Darren charges me 3500 baht for the income letter. That was cheaper and a lot less hassle than going to Bangkok myself to do it.

I got mine back from British Consulate within ten days. Bht 2350 incl postage back.

On 3/22/2017 at 0:02 AM, tazly said:

How much do these agents charge, assuming the funds are in place. (i.e. based on 800k deposit at time of application)

28 k when you provide the 800,000 or the income letter, 35 k when they provide the financial requirements. This numbers from  one of the leading providers in Pattaya  are showing that you really should try to apply on your own. If you fail, for whatever reason, then you can hire an agent. Probably the Immigration prefers when an agent is applying. You guess why.

Munotlaw

Edited by Munotlaw

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure they are not mailing them in for you?

The notice on the embassy website clearly states they cannot be done in person. They only accept mailed in applications.

No, they're not mailing them. I've been doing mine through them for several years and there used to be an option to go to the British Embassy in person and saving all the hassle is why I started using an agent. I think the mailing only must be a relatively new instruction. 

Key Visa have always taken the paperwork to the Embassy on a Tuesday and collected it on a Friday. They still do, at least they did about six weeks ago because that's when Darren collected mine for me. A friend contacted him to confirm what time he would be back so I could meet him back at his office without too much waiting. 

Just looked and this is what Key Visa say on their website:

"We have been given permission to obtain our clients’ income letters from the British Embassy Bangkok on their behalf without them having to travel a single step"

Looking at the British Embassy web site they charge 2300 baht for the letter plus 100 baht for the return postage so, allowing for the cost of sending all the documentation to the Embassy it appears that Key Visa are charging 1000 baht to check/confirm the documentation is correct and getting the income letter for you. For me it's worth it, others will make up their own mind.

Remember though, for those not familiar with the system and maybe needing to convert visas and obtain and extension etc. the income letter is only a small part of the service available 

5 minutes ago, sumrit said:

I think the mailing only must be a relatively new instruction. 

The date of publication for the page about mailing them is "8 April 2014". So not hat recent.

See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

From the PDF file you can open on that page.

Consular Letter Confirming Pension/Income for Retirement Visa – Fee No 2 (i)

This service is only available by post.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The date of publication for the page about mailing them is "8 April 2014". So not hat recent.

See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

I hadn't looked at the implimentation date and agree it's not that recent, but it has been only two letters that were needed since the change and, as I said the agent I have always used can still go to the Embassy in person so I personally have never had a problem. Obviously those applying in person in the past will probably have been alerted to the change up to two years ago

3 hours ago, Munotlaw said:

28 k when you provide the 800,000 or the income letter, 35 k when they provide the financial requirements. This numbers from  one of the leading providers in Pattaya  are showing that you really should try to apply on your own. If you fail, for whatever reason, then you can hire an agent. Probably the Immigration prefers when an agent is applying. You guess why.

Munotlaw

28K THB With all the docs etc Chiangmai's own only charge 3500THB

35K  THB Without meeting financial requirements? Isn't that a little dodgy?

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

28K THB With all the docs etc Chiangmai's own only charge 3500THB

35K  THB Without meeting financial requirements? Isn't that a little dodgy?

28k seems very expensive....Chiangmai price of 3500 is much more reasonable.

On 3/22/2017 at 3:32 PM, ubonjoe said:

Interesting?

Evidence of your current pension/income which will be returned to you

And then:

Please note we will use the financial figures provided on this form and will not check or amend any financial amounts.

BTW Site Last updated: 2 June 2016

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Does the UK Embassy income verification letter need to be 'validated' by another Thai government agency in Bangkok?

I've never had to. Have to prove income to the BE  to get the letter and that has always been acceptable to Immigration. Must supply the original letter with the embossed stamp on it to Immigration, a copy is not acceptable.

On 3/23/2017 at 8:52 AM, sumrit said:

Why are you starting a new thread (sounding like a novice) and asking for a recommendation for a visa agent when (sounding like an expert) you made several comments and actually recommended a Pattaya agent yourself in this thread a few weeks ago?

The cynic in me might suggest you are a 'attached' to that particular agent you recommended and are trying to use Thai Visa to promote them, :shock1:

21 minutes ago, notamember said:

sorry screwed this post up, not experienced on here. i just wanted to say and not in defense of anyone but the pattaya visa agent Munatlaw referred to previously in another thread. i called them at that time and asked how much it would be if i had all my own money and everything. she told me in no uncertain terms that i should do it myself, that it was easy to do and if necessary she would walk me through it for free but they do not do it for people who can do it themselves and told me that i do not need her or any agent. i thought that was a pretty refreshing attitude  for these parts. 

Edited by notamember

29 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Does the UK Embassy income verification letter need to be 'validated' by another Thai government agency in Bangkok?

If applying  for a non immigrant visa (category O) they want the signature on the letter verified at the department of consular affairs in Bangkok.

For an extension of stay it is not required.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If applying  for a non immigrant visa (category O) they want the signature on the letter verified at the department of consular affairs in Bangkok.

For an extension of stay it is not required.

Is that a new requirement Ubonjoe?

A UK friend recently arrived on a tourist visa and I helped guid him through a change of visa type to a non O visa and then to an extension based on retirement (all processed at Jomtien). He definitely did not need his British Embassy income letter verified by the department of consular affairs in Bangkok. The embossed British Embassy stamp on the letter was what was needed. I particularly remember because in their confusion while checking all the paperwork for the change of visa status they mistakenly took a copy of the BE letter instead of the original and had to phone us up to ask for the original, saying they must have the one with the embossed stamp.

The Embassy income letter was all that was required for his change of visa status but they kept the letter so when he applied for his extension he had to pay for a second letter from the British Embassy.

3 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Is that a new requirement Ubonjoe?

Unless they recently changed their policy it has been their requirement for some time now. Others have had to have it within the last couple of months.