Sinet Chiang Mai : Why Sinet staff want come at my home so much when everything is OK ?

alextrp77777

Hi everyone,

I have subscribed to Sinet since 4 or 5 months. Over the last two months, they kept calling me saying that I have trouble with my internet connection, that it is slow and they want to come at my home to fix it. But my internet is fast and OK, I never complained about it. I tell them on the phone, they don't need to come. But some weeks after they should call again. I really start to worry about some people want to have a look inside my home for any strange reasons.

Did any one else experienced the same ?

Thank you !

I have had Siinet for over a year and to me they are great (reliability/cost/speed wise).  They have been out one time to install.  They have never contacted me by phone.  Bills arrive by mail, I pay online, keep updated on services and packages via their Line group, and when I wanted an upgrade my package I just visited their kiosk at Central and they did it remotely in two working days.  

On the few times when they have been down generally there have been complaints about the lack of answering call centre calls, as they tend to give updates via Line so it seems unusual for them to cold call.

What you are describing sounds very odd.  I would be more concerned that it is nobody connected with Siinet that is phoning you at all.  It would be well worth your effort to go to one of their kiosks and explain your concern.  At least then you will know if it is them or not.  And if it is not that is a whole new set of concerns.

We've had something like five internet providers in Chiang Mai and Sinet has been among the best.  They send SMS messages to my mobile number ahead of anticipated network outages. And those outages have been at night.  The speed remains fast.

What the OP is experiencing sounds very strange and should be investigated. 

20 hours ago, NancyL said:

We've had something like five internet providers in Chiang Mai and Sinet has been among the best.  They send SMS messages to my mobile number ahead of anticipated network outages. And those outages have been at night.  The speed remains fast.

"What the OP is experiencing sounds very strange and should be investigated". 

I agree, but I'm puzzled as to why 1) he's waited for 2months and then 2) sought affirmation of his intentions from here (TV)?

Strange behaviour, after all It's not as though he needs permission from a moderator!  :wink:

I am in my second year with Sinet.

Sinet is excellent.

Sounds strange.

Sinet sends a phone message about a problem.

Sinet fixes problems by computer.

Ignore the requests for a visit.

Next time they call tell them you think it is strange and you are giving their phone number to Thai police immediately.

On 22/03/2017 at 11:47 PM, Shoeless Joe said:

So you think it's necessary to discuss this on an internet forum? You would have been better off calling Sinet long ago when you first had concerns.

Regards,

Joe

Sometimes the simple solution eludes us.

We have them for a back up. They have showed up unannounced twice now. The first time the tech literally tried to push his way into my door and I physically had to grab him and toss him into the hallway. He didn't speak a word of English and his accent made it very hard for me to understand him. I sent them packing.

I called support AND contacted them on LINE, no one would confirm they sent anyone to my place. It was like talking to.... a Thai.

A few weeks later 2 different lads showed up holding a new router in hand when I opened the door. 

We've also had CAT and 3BB, and 3BB is blazing fast. Sinet was fast but is pretty crappy now.