How Much To Send?

DeDanan

Soon my TG will come to live with me in my country. She says she has to send some money home each month, this i understand. But she is not able to tell me how much she needs to send, she says we will sort it out when she is over here with me. She has a Mother and Father at home on the farm, and 2 children living with her ex husbands mother. any advice on what she should send home each month when she gets here?

regards,

DeDanan

I don want to sound like a butt head here but I would try checking out her family situation if you have the means. I know alot of guy's in the states that have Thai wives that send money home to their ex thai husbands who are not actually an ex.

I am not saying this is your case I am just trying to make you aware of some of the things that go on in Thailand.

I would tell her that your financial situation has changed and you can not send that much money back to Thailand, see how she handles this situation. It might give you a clue to what is her intentions.

Keep in mind if she is truely in love with you and not running a scam, Thai women can make the best wives in the world.

If she is scamming throw her back and go fishing again!

goood luck

Not stupid these girls... a couple of guys on the hook and they can live quite a comfortable life.

Would a guy pick a tart up back home and then send her a monthy allowance?

Might do if she was blackmailing him.....

Of course 'emotional blackmail' has its uses..

Put it another way,,,

If you rent a car while on holiday would you agree to paying the maitenance on the rented car until your next holiday or would you just pay your dues before you left and rent another when you returned...?

As two of her offspring are living with the ex husbands mother why not ask the ex hubby to cough up for the upkeep of them?

Unfortunately what has been said about ex's not really being ex's is all too true,you want to hear some of the tales I have heard about situations like this,that is if you have a spare week.

As two of her offspring are living with the ex husbands mother why not ask the ex hubby to cough up for the upkeep of them?

And if he can't cough up enough money? He might have a new family to support as well. Also, the lady's contributions might be covering luxuries like schooling, and he might be one of the alleged 10% of guys who do cough up. They do exist.

I have heard of a British husband going mob-handed to persuade the Thai father to transfer custody to the mother. I'm far from sure that that's enough for the children to be brought to Britain, though.

That said, the lady should work out how much she is sending now.

Would a guy pick a tart up back home and then send her a monthy allowance?

That was a proposal made and rejected in 'Pretty Woman'. The alternative, to set her up as the wife, is not so straightforward, and deserves a great deal of thought. Visitors don't have the luxury of being able to shack up indefinitely with their girlfriend/mistress.

If you rent a car while on holiday would you agree to paying the maitenance on the rented car until your next holiday or would you just pay your dues before you left and rent another when you returned...?

I wonder how many frequent, regular visitors actually have their own vehicles in Thailand. It makes sense to make sure no one else is going to wreck it in your absence. And, while a car does well to last ten years, a woman should last a lifetime.

Whatever you give will NEVER be enough.

When you marry a thai you marry the whole famiy which includes so called uncles, aunts, cousins and the guy down the street. Since your a farang you have a money tree at home so you should not complain at all. :-)

I was married and after 2 years said that's it. ###### off and don't contact me again. Even my wife got tired of the asking...

Better off to fall in love with a marry a orphan!!!

I don want to sound like a butt head here but I would try checking out her family situation if you have the means. I know alot of guy's in the states that have Thai wives that send money home to their ex thai husbands who are not actually an ex.

I am not saying this is your case I am just trying to make you aware of some of the things that go on in Thailand.

I would tell her that your financial situation has changed and you can not send that much money back to Thailand, see how she handles this situation. It might give you a clue to what is her intentions.

Keep in mind if she is truely in love with you and not running a scam, Thai women can make the best wives in the world.

If she is scamming throw her back and go fishing again!

goood luck

Let me echo Padkapow's answer, I personally know of this happening to a close aquaintance of mine. The girls "Policeman Brother" wound up to be "Ex-husband" and yes the girls family are bleeding him dry, a real walking ATM this guy is, too bad, I do feel sorry for him, he seems to be ok with all this so I say let him go.

Soon my TG will come to live with me in my country. She says she has to send some money home each month, this i understand. But she is not able to tell me how much she needs to send, she says we will sort it out when she is over here with me. She has a Mother and Father at home on the farm, and 2 children living with her ex husbands mother. any advice on what she should send home each month when she gets here?

regards,

DeDanan

lol.. Shes waiting to see how big yer house is mate, to work out what she can sensibly try to extort/ask for from ya!!

regards,

DeDanan

lol.. Shes waiting to see how big yer house is mate, to work out what she can sensibly try to extort/ask for from ya!!

You didn't mention if your Thai g/f was going to work in your country; let her earn her own money to send back to her needy family.

regards,

DeDanan

she will sort it out :o , keep 10 bucks a week for yourself mate and send the rest, the farm needs a new hydroponics watering sytem! :D

and he might be one of the alleged 10% of guys who do cough up. They do exist.

If so and I hope he is for the sake of the person who is asking the question, why then should the new hubby pay for someone elses kids?

Simple, if you can't feed em don't breed em.

She took her farang boyfriend home to meet the family. What he didn't know was the family he met wasn't even hers. A carefully put on show for his (un)benefit.

Each time she sent a wad of cash home her three brothers quit work and stayed home sucking whiskey until the funds ran out. This I would mention is very common. The male members of the family are entitled to act like this.

very true.

get to know who you are being asked to subsidise before agreeing to do so.

then you might be able to get an idea as to whether it is a genuine situation or a shakedown scenario.

like many other forum members here i could regale you with tales of falang suckers bled dry by crafty thai girls.

but then again, if she is a main provider and you are taking her away, then she and her family will consider it necessary for you to make up the difference.

if you are misty eyed and cannot live without her then you will pay.

its called either true-love or being c*nt-struck, only you will know which one it is.

hopefully it is the former and its not a shakedown.....good luck.

You would want to consider which part of Thailand they are living. As a good starting point I think one should try $60.00 US per child and be very hard nosed about it. They will waste it as quick as you can give it to them. If she gets a job in your home country then I think she should pay her full share of your household expenses and I mean 50%. Then whatever else she has left she should be free to send home as much as she likes. Trouble is, who is going to buy the Gold and the Dresses, flights home, etc. You are going to have your mind boggled. Better live in Thailand and pay personally. Don't let her work. Keep control of the money.

Good Guy

I giving my mother every month since I started working 6 years ago (for a fashion magazine as a writer) first year I didn't make much money I got her 5,000 thb per month and right now 15,000 thb per month.She 's working in a small company somewhere in bangkok didn't make a lot since she got laid off from her old employer after working for 22 years.

Right now I am in brunei because of my husband career , no job ,still I sending 15,000 thb to my mother, Why? Because I felt greatful for what she had done for me since the first day I was born untill now . Today I can't be around to taking care of her I can't be there for her if she feeling sick so, a part of little money i gave to her she can buy heath insurance, get herself some book to read enjoy a good movie or have a nice meal with her girl friends. That is not much to do for someone you love and love you. Above of all I didn't do it for my mother but myself trying to buy a good feeling that atleast i can do something to her a hard working woman that I simply call 'mommy'

I giving my mother every month since I started working 6 years ago
Right now I am in brunei because of my husband career , no job ,still I sending 15,000 thb

Errm you have no job but you send your mother 15,000 baht each month.

Where exactly does your money come from ???

Can you send me some too my buffalo is sick. :o

Do tell us. Who now sends home 15000 Baht per month?

It's quite obvious to me at least Alleypanda sends her mum the money each month as a token of appreciation for bringing her up and so she can insure her heath.

Now what I want to know is where does it come from?

if you know how much your TG was sending home every month before she met you...and if it's comfortably within your means simply double it...give you a good stake in the falang kineow department. If she is a good girl she would indicate to the family that this is more than generous and that no one could ask for more. This all presumes that when your girlfriend comes to live with you she will not be working.

Now the allowance that you need to give your TF when she is with you is another question...beware the local thai women friends that clank with gold bracelets and boast that their husband gives them $10k per month for taxis and etc...this is truely when the BS starts...