Security intensified in Thailand following London attack

webfact

Security intensified following London attack

BANGKOK: -- Thai police have intensified security measures following the terror attack in London in which five people killed and many others injured, said deputy police spokesman Pol Colonel Krissana Pattanacharoen.

The national police chief ordered all police to closely monitor the situation, particularly at the United Kingdom Embassy in Bangkok, as well as other higher risk locations, the spokesman said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30310012

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-23

No Thais wounded in London terror attack

LONDON: -- No Thais are reported injured in a terror attack at the heart of London yesterday, Thai Embassy in London said. Five people, including a police officer and an attacker, are dead and 40 others have been injured in a terror attack in Westminster.

Thai Embassy in London's Facebook page has warned Thais to avoid going near the scene of attack.

It asked Thai nationals to closely follow news.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30310008

thenation_logo.jpg

Security elevated in Thailand following London terror attack

BANGKOK: -- Police have intensified security measures following the terror attack in London in which five people were killed and at least 40 injured.

The national police chief ordered all police to closely monitor the situation, particularly at the United Kingdom Embassy in Bangkok, as well as other higher risk locations.

Deputy police spokesman Colonel Krissana Pattanacharoen said police were ready to deploy more officers to the UK Embassy and elsewhere if required. Intelligence points to no specific terrorist threat against Thailand, he said.

But he warned Thai nationals planning on travelling to Europe, particularly England, to monitor the situation closely.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30310013

thenation_logo.jpg

The way some  people Drive/ Ride  in Thailand.

I would have no idea if it was  terrorist attack or normal driving behaviour.

Amazing driving / Riding in Thailand.

How many died on the roads in Thailand yesterday, 70-80 ish ?

Condolences to the families and friends of the people murdered in the Uk, yesterday.

Edited by onemorechang

Stepped-up security after London terror attack

198_London.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Security was tightened at foreign embassies, consulates, significant government offices, airports, bus terminals, leading commercial and shopping areas, and tourist spots, following terror attack in London.

The stepped-up security was ordered by Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Chaktip Chaijinda for all police to increase patrols and monitor crowded areas closely, particularly where foreign tourists frequently visit to prevent  untoward incident.

Although intelligence gathering has not found anything unusual, but Thai and UK authorities remained close contact with  information exchanging  constantly.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/stepped-security-london-terror-attack/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-23

They do that everytime after an attack abroad...but when i am on a BKK airport i even don't see any armed security among the crowd or outside.

BKK airport Police will determine (intelligence led) how their resources are best used.

Apart from that I suspect it'll be mainly QRF. I travel regularly & don't see armed security or Police outside many airports unless it's the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk