Fenugreek....heard Of It?

webworldly

Greetings! Can anyone help a Fenugreek addict locate a reliable supplier in or around Phuket for Fenugreek powder? (It's a cooking ingredient)

I go through about 20grams per day.....and would be happy to order in bulk.

I've tried the local hotel/resort's restaurant, the local shops, the hyper markets in Phuket Town (Big C's, Tops, Lotus/Tesco), and even looked online for "bulk suppliers".

It's a great ingredient...and does wonders for blood sugar stabilization and testosterone stimulation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CHEERS!

D

Being a google fanclub :o I found out "Fenugreek" is "Luk Sut " in TH ( pronouces like "cut" ) (ลูกซัด )

In thai websites said you were able to find it in TH /Chinese herb shop.

Moreover muslim people love this herb for their dishes .. (Southern of LOS is a big community of muslim people) hence you can find It @ Phuket

Maybe next time ask local people " Phom ja ha seu luke sut dai thee nai krub"

( where i can buy Fenugreek?)

Hope it helps

ciao

Being a google fanclub :o I found out "Fenugreek" is "Luk Sut " in TH ( pronouces like "cut" ) (ลูกซัด )

In thai websites said you were able to find it in TH /Chinese herb shop.

Moreover muslim people love this herb for their dishes .. (Southern of LOS is a big community of muslim people) hence you can find It @ Phuket

Maybe next time ask local people " Phom ja ha seu luke sut dai thee nai krub"

( where i can buy Fenugreek?)

Hope it helps

ciao

HEY HEY HEY.....that indeed helps improve my day. :-)

Thank you, BambinA

CHEERS!

D

How on Earth do you eat 20 grams of Fenugreek a day?, It's probably the bitterest herb you can eat.

I used to buy mine in KL, its dirt cheap there and would probably pay for the airplane fare in price difference (its like 20 baht for 100 grams), I have only found fenugreek leaves here (in Tops supermarket).

Greetings! Can anyone help a Fenugreek addict locate a reliable supplier in or around Phuket for Fenugreek powder? (It's a cooking ingredient)

I've tried the local hotel/resort's restaurant, the local shops, the hyper markets in Phuket Town (Big C's, Tops, Lotus/Tesco), and even looked online for "bulk suppliers".

It's a great ingredient...and does wonders for blood sugar stabilization and testosterone stimulation.

CHEERS!

D

Hi I googled up "fenugreek supplier" and got dozens of hits. Here is just one. They definately have it.

So, what does it taste of ?

Enjoy..

http://natrajexports.exportersindia.com/other-products.htm

I don't know about Phuket.

however in Bkk it is quite easy: get to Sukhumvit Soi 12 (between Nana and Asoke BTS stations), on the corner there is and Indian mart called Pasand. there is a selection of spices there, and Fenugreek is one of them available all the time. usually Indians call it "methi" as I remember. I don't think though you can get it in a bulk supply there.

nope, it is not THAT bitter as someone else says. there are thing much more bitter - like Bitter gourd, or Neem leaves....

as I know - from my wife - Thais don't grow it here. it is imported from India I think. so, I doubt it fvery much that except Bambina anyone else might even know it or ever heard of it.

so far I've never seen it in any supermarkets in Bkk.

I use both the Leaves and the ground seed and have grown Fenugreek myself.

It is quite bitter, I doubt that you could enjoy consuming 20 grams a day, Its akin to Cumin in many ways but more potent - I use it extensively in Indian cooking where you generally use 1/4 as much Fenugreek powder as Cumin etc... for flavouring else it becomes overwhelming.

• 4 years later...

An update to the thread for people who want to find Fenugreek in Thailand.

I visited what used to be Pasand on Sukhumvit Soi 12, it is now an Indian restaurant. The restaurant owner was very helpful and told me where he bought his ingredients from.

Go to Sukhumvit Soi 10 - about 50 metres down the road, turn left. Walk straight for a little way, there is a row of shops in front of you. At the far end of the row of shops, there is a shop that sells Indian cooking ingredients. They sell both fenugreek seeds and Kasoori Methi - fenugreek leaves.

I'm posting on this thread because it comes up first on google when you search for "fenugreek thailand". Apologies for bumping an old thread, but hopefully this will help people who want to find Fenugreek in BKK.

Edit: My GF dug out a business card that she'd kept, it's called the Bimala Mini Mart

Edited by phuketfrank9

Hi Old Croc,

The info wasn't really meant to be part of an ongoing discussion, just an update for anybody who happens to google "fenugreek thailand" and stumbles upon this thread.

Having said that ...

I live in Phuket, and need to replenish my Fenugreek supplies. I would be very grateful if anybody could recommend a shop that sells Fenugreek locally. My GF has family in Bangkok, so I was going to send them some cash for a taxi to Sukhumvit 10, postage and the cost of the fenugreek.

But buying some on Phuket would be much less hassle!

Edited by phuketfrank9

• 1 month later...

I can sell you methi seeds,which I or you can grind yourself.Not come across much powder here.

Pm me if you want more info

In Phuket they drop the "i" from the end of the name. And there are thousands of kids who go through a lot more than 20 grams a day... Go to Tesco Lotus car park in the evening and a guy there can probably hook you up with some. ph34r.gif

Hi Old Croc,

The info wasn't really meant to be part of an ongoing discussion, just an update for anybody who happens to google "fenugreek thailand" and stumbles upon this thread.

Having said that ...

I live in Phuket, and need to replenish my Fenugreek supplies. I would be very grateful if anybody could recommend a shop that sells Fenugreek locally. My GF has family in Bangkok, so I was going to send them some cash for a taxi to Sukhumvit 10, postage and the cost of the fenugreek.

But buying some on Phuket would be much less hassle!

hi there,just try the easiest things first,just got some seeds from makro. phuket makro that is