Thai Cabinet approves new measure regarding emergency patients

webfact

Cabinet approves new measure regarding emergency patients

2803003.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Emergency patients will have access to both private and state hospitals for emergency treatment within 72 hours before they are to be transferred to hospitals where the patients are entitled to free treatment.

The above new regulation was approved by the cabinet on Tuesday and this measure will help solve the problem of rejection of emergency patients by several hospitals, especially private hospitals, for fear that they will not get paid by the patients.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cabinet-approves-new-measure-regarding-emergency-patients/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-29

1 hour ago, the guest said:

Why would foreigners be entitled to emergency treatment without paying?

Who's saying they aren't going to pay? There is nothing in any list here that says people aren't going to pay! It simply says that people are entitled to emergency treatment at any hospital, including the private hospitals, nonmention there if not paying. Then I'll can be paid after the patient gets well and is transferred from the public hospital, by the patients famiky,  etc. all this is is a guarantee of emergency treatment for anyone that needs it in an emergency situation.

this is a very good step from the government and I hope that the money grabbing private sector hospitals abide by this new law and treat those, Thai or foreigner, that need it, in an emergency.

Be nice if they actually had some trained Medical tech on those Ambulances as "first responders" instead of the guys in overalls who like "sewn on patches" everwhere slinging you in the back of a pick-up like meat. (Rural area observation) 

In the USA all hospitals are required to give "" life saving emergency treatment ( only ) "" to ANYONE needing said care, once you are stable, they can kick you out if no insurance or you can't pay cash deposit .  They are not required to give aftercare -- but very happy to give aftercare once insurance is verified or cash is counted.

9 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Be nice if they actually had some trained Medical tech on those Ambulances as "first responders" instead of the guys in overalls who like "sewn on patches" everwhere slinging you in the back of a pick-up like meat. (Rural area observation) 

I think in Thailand you have the good and bad it's just luck (or unlucky) who you get. I think in BKK they are a little better.  A good friend of mine that is an expat volunteers in BKK. He used to be an EMT in his home country. He also goes to Myanmar to teach EMT/first responders the basics. He gets friends donating equipment / supplies.    However I know there are some bad ones in BKK too.