Repair Small 2 Stroke Engine in CM

Dazinoz

Hi,

Can any one recommend a workshop that can check/repair small 2 stroke engine in CM?

I bought an Husvana leaf blower/Vacuum due to the leaf problem at house I was renting at the time. I then moved to a town house in the same village but no leaf problem. I "winterised" the motor, emptied the fuel tank and ran the motor till it stopped.

Just moved again and tried to start it but it will just not start. Not a kick so thought maybe the spark plug. Took it out and earth it to the metal part of motor and pulled starter and did get a spark. So must be a fuel problem.

Any suggestions or workshop recommendations greatly appreciated.

I might be stating the obvious,but does it have a small bubble like thing

on the engine,you press that in and out and it will draw the petrol into

carb.if it does not have the bubble ,maybe some other priming device on it.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I might be stating the obvious,but does it have a small bubble like thing

on the engine,you press that in and out and it will draw the petrol into

carb.if it does not have the bubble ,maybe some other priming device on it.

regards worgeordie

Yep, has primer bulb. Pumps the fuel in but still won't start,

2 cycles can be tricky to start.
Try setting choke full then pull until you get an attempt at running that fails. Stop and set the choke to halfway and pull away until it starts. At that point open the throttle full and run it until it's hot and idles on its own.
Maybe there's a problem that needs repair but sometimes the fuel/air mixture get out of sorts.

27 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Try setting choke full then pull until you get an attempt at running that fails. Stop and set the choke to halfway and pull away until it starts. At that point open the throttle full and run it until it's hot and idles on its own.
Maybe there's a problem that needs repair but sometimes the fuel/air mixture get out of sorts.

Run it at wide open throttle while it is still cold ?  555

2 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Been there done that. It won't start. As mentioned in my original post I can't get a kick at all from it. But I am ready to kick it across the road.

Edited by Dazinoz
add text

Something to try remove the carburetor and try starting the engine...sometimes the engines is flooded with petrol keep trying till it fires but be ready to pull the plug because when it starts without carb it will rev to infinity.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Something to try remove the carburetor and try starting the engine...sometimes the engines is flooded with petrol keep trying till it fires but be ready to pull the plug because when it starts without carb it will rev to infinity.

Did take the carbs off and spark plug out to try clear the cylinder off fuel.

44 minutes ago, mike44 said:

Try the hardware and repair shop on the South West corner of the Chang Puak and Superhighway intersection.  I can't remember its name.

Ok, thanks for that.