Soidog, do you happen to know what variety they are? And yours?

99 ฿ per fruit is a handsome price for the seller/supermarket, not so good for the avocado lovers. 

10 hours ago, djayz said:

Soidog, do you happen to know what variety they are? And yours?

99 ฿ per fruit is a handsome price for the seller/supermarket, not so good for the avocado lovers. 

New Zealand ones look and taste like Hass; Mine (the pictured ones) are Booth 7; yellow inside, good texture, round seed.

• 3 weeks later...

I plan to graft about 40 trees this year. Here they are waiting patiently until the conditions are right (under guidance from Soidog2)...

18009094_1282671071786423_537098426_n.jpg.83be4f0ab14da5f2e57d3553b92ec31f.jpg

I have my own mature tree which currently has small fruit but I don't know what variety it is yet. I will post pictures when the fruit is larger and hopefully someone can identify it. If Soidog2's kind offer from last year still stands, I'd love to graft some scions from other known varieties onto my rootstock.

Regarding fruit, my missus will be selling commercially this season as she has access to another ten trees of various varieties. PM me if you are interested in purchasing fruit.

We had a little bit of rain.

Generally speaking, grafting season, depending on variety and how vigorously is growing, should happen in Jan/Feb/March. Later on it will be hard to find suitable scions with buds ready to shoot.

IMG_5778.JPG

8 hours ago, soidog2 said:

We had a little bit of rain.

Generally speaking, grafting season, depending on variety and how vigorously is growing, should happen in Jan/Feb/March. Later on it will be hard to find suitable scions with buds ready to shoot.

IMG_5778.JPG

What beauties! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Opposite, bigger is pollock.

There is nothing wrong with Thai avocado; except for the people growing it. They have no concept of how avocado ripens; therefore they pick it way too early, it becomes watery and tastes like crap.

Avocado matures but does not ripen on the tree, it does not uniformly mature; in a single tree you may have three or more different maturing seasons. Selective picking is a must.

Mature avocado ripens three or four days after picking, if you need to wait weeks after buying or picking something is wrong.

Saturday and sunday you can buy many grafted avocadotree's in impact muang thong in BKK.

I tasted pollack and it was a nice one...

Didn't buy any though, have enough...the shop is from pakchong in a corner of the hall.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, soidog2 said:

Nice, definitely inspirational.

We have been doing that and a lot of this:

IMG_7418.JPG

Preparing:

IMG_7385.JPG

Stop it the both of you! I'm starving!! ?

Great ideas there lads. Sure beats my avocado with a pinch of salt. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived