March 31, 20179 yr I have finally decided that marriage to my Thai lady is a very good idea and I now need advice on how to change my "visa"status. I am over 65, retired, UK passport holder also resident of Australia, I have an Australian and U.K. Pension which gives me a stable income of over high fifties per month(baht). Currently on a SETV from Penang issued mid March. Appointment made for U.K. Embassy affirmation and notary in Bangkok and then marriage about late April. What do I do after that, we will be heading to Kalasin so do I just continue to Savvanaket or is there more needed ?.
March 31, 20179 yr To apply for the one year extension of stay based upon marriage you will need a non-o visa entry. Since you will be staying in Kalasin your best option is to get a single entry non-o visa at the consulate in Savannakhet. You will not need financial proof to get the visa. You will need to get a income letter from the UK embassy to prove your income. Info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration They will accept proof of your pension from Australia to do the letter.
Create an account or sign in to comment