Advice required please, marriage extension.

I have finally decided that marriage to my Thai lady is a very good idea and I now need advice on how to change my "visa"status.

I am over 65, retired, UK passport holder also resident of Australia, I have an Australian and U.K. Pension which gives me a stable income of over high fifties per month(baht).

Currently  on a SETV from Penang issued mid March.

Appointment made for U.K. Embassy affirmation and notary in Bangkok and then marriage about late April.

What do I do after that, we will be heading to Kalasin so do I just continue to Savvanaket or is there more needed ?.

To apply for the one year extension of stay based upon marriage you will need a non-o visa entry.

Since you will be staying in Kalasin your best option is to get a single entry non-o visa at the consulate in Savannakhet. You will not need financial proof to get the visa.

You will need to get a income letter from the UK embassy to prove your income. Info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration  They will accept proof of your pension from Australia to do the letter.

• Like 1