Moving on from Phuket -golf orientated

Due to the quite disgraceful behaviour of the owners at Blue Canyon Golf & Country Club Phuket( they raised annual fees by 300%, transfer fees from 140k to 250k and have given no reason and refuse to communicate at all with members), I have decided to look around for somewhere else to live in Thailand.

I would appreciate comments on the quality of golf club life for farangs in Hau Hin and Pattaya. I have already dismissed Chiang Mai due to the field burning each year.

I can attest to good golf in Patts.  There are many top notch courses and plenty of bars that have weekly or daily golf outings so there is always some one to play with.  If you want a more individual experience I can pass you the info of the guys I play with.  They set up where ever you want to play, find couple other players if you want, pick you up at home, transport you and your gear to the course and deliver you back home when finished.  Great service........

Now, as for living in the area, I would prefer Jomtien area for long term stay as opposed to Pattaya.  It is quieter and more slow pace.  

YMMV

16 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

I can attest to good golf in Patts.  There are many top notch courses and plenty of bars that have weekly or daily golf outings so there is always some one to play with.  If you want a more individual experience I can pass you the info of the guys I play with.  They set up where ever you want to play, find couple other players if you want, pick you up at home, transport you and your gear to the course and deliver you back home when finished.  Great service........

Now, as for living in the area, I would prefer Jomtien area for long term stay as opposed to Pattaya.  It is quieter and more slow pace.  

YMMV

86 Tiger is correct.There are about 18 golf courses with in an hour and a half from the Pattaya area.Many of the Any days of the week (except Saturday and Sunday) there is at least 3 bars  or the many golfing bars having a friendly golf outing a  different course .The Pattaya Sports club membership will get you on many of the courses at a reduced rate if you want to go golf by your self. and there are a few other golf memberships in the area. If you like to play golf The Pattaya area s one of the best places to be.

The smoke haze 3 months of the year could be a problem, but Chiang Rai has got a couple of excellent courses for a fraction of the price down south.  I played an awesome course for 1000b including a cart.  Certainly worthwhile considering for a golf holiday which I was doing.  

Santiburi ( Robert Trent Jones Jr. design ) near Chiang Rai would be close to the best course in all Thailand. There is also Happy City and Waterford Valley. Mae Kok close to the city is a military course, front nine a nice walk, back nine really testing.

It's a pity the OP is rejecting Chiang Mai as an option. Chiang Mai Highland, Alpine and Doi Inthanon are all good quality courses. Alpine condos are not expensive. Second string Lanna, Green Valley, Stardome and Gassan. Further afield Mae Moh and Gold Canyon are interesting layouts.

Hang Dong is cheap. However, unless you like 6 hour rounds behind six and eight balls of Koreans and Japanese, I wouldn't recommend it.