More summer storms warning issued

rooster59

More summer storms warning issued

65_TMD.jpg

The Meteorological Department today issued the latest warning of more summer storms and heavy rains in the country from today until April 5.

It said the country’s upper region is facing turbulent weather, thus resulting in summer storms and torrential rain storms i n the North, Northeast, Central and Eastern regions. Hailstorms are also expected in some areas.

Affected by the turbulent weather today include Chiang Rai, Phayao, Nan, Phrae, Lamphun, Lampand, Tak, Sukhothai, Uttaradit, Phitsanulok, Phichit, and Phetchabun in the North.

In the Northeast, aftected provinces include Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buriram, Surin, Sisaket, and Ubon Ratchathani.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/summer-storms-warning-issued/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-04-02

18 minutes ago, cruisemonkey said:

Uhh... except, it's spring not summer.

It's summer! it was "officially" declared to be summer last week after so "many" days of hot weather, something like that! or did I dream it?

Not a dream, started on 6th March https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/sadistic-thailand-summer-officially-arrived/

Edited by CGW

To my understanding, Thailand only recognizes 2 seasons...... SUMMER and WINTER...........

Winter is November, December, January and February (High Season)....... The other 8 months are summer.............   If March 6 was the official start of Summer then there are a few 'odd' days at beginning or end of the seasons..............

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

To my understanding, Thailand only recognizes 2 seasons...... SUMMER and WINTER...........

Winter is November, December, January and February (High Season)....... The other 8 months are summer.............   If March 6 was the official start of Summer then there are a few 'odd' days at beginning or end of the seasons..............

You've missed out rather glaringly the rainy season, from mid- May to October. 

Isn't it just "Rain" and "Dry" season here in the Monsoon region of SE Asia?  Hot/Cool season.  Rain or No Rain.

Summer/Winter (Fall/Spring), my opinion only, doesn't seem to fit here in the western sense. 

Edited by 55Jay

8 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Actually, to be precise, Thailand has a wet season and a dry season. There is no such thing as spring. lol

I wish some of these storms would come to Chiang Mai.  My land is bone dry and some of the trees look really bad.  My lake has half the water it usually has too. 

I always get impatient for the rains after the dry season drags on!!!

Also sick of watering the vegetables and shrubs! 

3 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I wish some of these storms would come to Chiang Mai.  My land is bone dry and some of the trees look really bad.  My lake has half the water it usually has too. 

I always get impatient for the rains after the dry season drags on!!!

Also sick of watering the vegetables and shrubs! 

I sympathise with you jak. But a few months ago I installed reticulation from a really deep bore hole. The water is slightly cloudy but declared ok by testing. Now my small 4 rai of planted crops is booming. I water during the night. Cheers 

On 4/2/2017 at 3:11 PM, sawadeeken said:

Nah rorn, nah fon, nah nao. Hot, wet, cool... 

On 4/2/2017 at 1:08 PM, cruisemonkey said:

Uhh... except, it's spring not summer.

Depends where you are in the world.

In Thailand I have always believed there are only 3 seasons anyway, Hot, Hotter & Hot and Wet.......................:sleep: