Couple of questions about the immigration office

konisaan

Haven't been there since they moved to Promenada. Want to extend a multi entry tourist visa for a month.

1. Do they force you to use passport photos with a blue background or will a regular one do? (Years ago the shop next to the old office shot the photos against a blue background and I don't remember if that was merely a coincidence or a requirement.)

2. Assume they are closed on public holidays?

Thanks

Went there today, was advised that my photo 'too sumall!' so went to the copy and photo shop that was conveniently very nearby  .. to be told 200B for photo , as I knew that this was the usual price gouging that one has come to expect in such places I declined and went to Big C and got photos on a BLUE background for 100B

Size is 4 x 6 cm blue background

get your passport and visa stamp copies copies done for 1B elsewhere also

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Wow - the steps people will take for 100 baht

Its called thinking ahead.

If you go anywhere else for photos you will usually get a rack of 8 or 10 photos at that size.

I guess your 200bt at the Immi offices gets you 2

So in the long run which is the better value.

Not all of us just wish to pay thro the nose without considering alternatives.

7 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

If you go anywhere else for photos you will usually get a rack of 8 or 10 photos at that size.

Go to Imm. Refuse to pay 200. Drive to Big C. Return. This is thinking ahead ?  Wrong head.

17 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Depends on how much time you want to waste, if I had to do that I the immigration office I frequent, it would take me about 45 minutes by the time I find parking, go in, have the photos done, then find a photocopying place for the 1Baht per page, go back to the car and return, did you say 200 baht, bargain !!!

13 hours ago, Los Luver said:

There is no blue background at the office. I took pics in February.....

There have been times when CM Immigration has required the photos to have a blue background....and other times didn't care (I've submitted both in the past although all my photos now have the medium blue background).  God/buddha only knows if/when any particular background color is required but probably safest nowadays to use the medium blue background.

What confuses people about the photos is that the little box on the forms is smaller than the printed size requirement (4cm x 6cm).  Pay attention to the printed size and ignore the pre-printed box size.

On 4/5/2017 at 4:09 AM, Mickeem said:

Went there today, was advised that my photo 'too sumall!' so went to the copy and photo shop that was conveniently very nearby  .. to be told 200B for photo , as I knew that this was the usual price gouging that one has come to expect in such places I declined and went to Big C and got photos on a BLUE background for 100B

Size is 4 x 6 cm blue background

get your passport and visa stamp copies copies done for 1B elsewhere also

So you spent what - 2 hours time and what - 50 Baht on gas to save 100 Baht???

I always avoid the expensive copies and photos.  I have gotten about seven uses out of my last 100 THB sheet of photos....copies are .50 up here by CMU.  I think they got some people by surprise when they were requiring an extra photo for reentry permit at CNX last gear...technically, that social media form or whatever requires one.