Thirty-two bikers detained for racing near Suvarnabhumi Airport

rooster59

On 4/9/2017 at 4:30 AM, kannot said:

The  biggest  problem is  not the bikes  but the lacking  authority

I don't see the enforcement problem being fixed, that's why I suggest harsh examples.  I don't even think that will help really.

I'm a biker and fully support the actions of the authorities.

Some of these idiots really get up my nose. Mostly riders on smaller motorbikes.

Big egos with small idiot brains and more...

Impatient. Law-less. Jumping red lights, especially the guys ,who come across as being so butch and brave, hacking around on what I can only describe as death traps! Unroadworthy motorbikes in many cases.

No helmet, using mobile phones with more than three persons on one motorbike at the same time and in full view of the police.

Local police and highway police should do far more to in-force the rules and regulations, but lazy comes to mind.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Reading a lot of the comments on this thread, one would be forgiven for thinking that many of the posters went directly from infancy to old age, and skipped the stage of being a kid and young adult. Obviously rebelliousness, risk-taking, competition and raw fun was never a part of their lives. Just dull conformity.

Use blow-out strips? String wire across the road? You might as well suggest equipping the police with Uzis and mowing the bikers down as they pass. The effect would be much the same.

And as for crushing their bikes, well....talk about the 'hang-'em-high' brigade.

Ok, what they did was stupid and dangerous. So fine them a sum that will hurt, and address the problem. The kids have invested everything in a nice bike, because they like fast bikes, and when you're young, and you have a fast bike, you want to go ...fast. Nothing strange about that. The public road is emphatically not the place to race, so let them have track days at local racetracks. Low entry fees, mandatory leathers and helmets, and let them go for it. They can then test their mettle to their hearts' content without being a danger to other road users. And probably learn a hell of a lot about controlling a motorbike, thus making them safer riders.

They're young, for crying out loud. They want to push the envelope. They want to feel the adrenaline pumping. It's normal. Or at least, it was when I was young.