Attaching files to post

7by7

I have just attempted to attach a file to this post

After several unsuccessful attempts, I gave up.

It's a 345KB file, well below the maximum of 100MB,  in Word format and I have in the past successfully attached it to posts in similar topics.

Does the forum no longer accept attachments in Word, or is there a problem somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

tm7.doc

I just attached a 54kb Word file to this post.

Whilst we are on the subject of attaching things to a post, how on earth do you post a picture, not an attachment, as I've tried many times and nothing happens. Let's say I wanted to post a photograph of my daughter (for example) and not as an attachment but as a picture, how would I do it?

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

Whilst we are on the subject of attaching things to a post, how on earth do you post a picture, not an attachment, as I've tried many times and nothing happens. Let's say I wanted to post a photograph of my daughter (for example) and not as an attachment but as a picture, how would I do it?

There is a pinned topic at the top of this forum that should help.

There is also this topic in the Photography Forum that has some useful advice.

Although both topics have some broken links (which hopefully will be repaired soon) the information therein is basically sound.

26 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

There is a pinned topic at the top of this forum that should help.

There is also this topic in the Photography Forum that has some useful advice.

Although both topics have some broken links (which hopefully will be repaired soon) the information therein is basically sound.

The issues of Photo uploading,  seems to be getting sorted...

The most reliable way is to drag and drop photos from the computer to below the text box, providing image size is not too large. 

Google Photos seems to be working again. Flickr seems OK too. Using the Insert other media and insert URL. and copying the link from the third party program...

We hope in a few days all issues will be resolved.

Archived