Seatbelts save two in Phuket high-speed crash

rooster59

Seatbelts save two in Phuket high-speed crash 

The Phuket News

1492233961_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Two people in a car survived a high-speed impact into a power pole after reportedly swerving to avoid hitting a bus on Thepkrasattri Rd in central Phuket early this morning (April 15).

Lt Col Sanit Nukong of the Thalang Police was informed of the accident at 4:30am.

Police and rescue workers arrived at the scene, in Baan Lipon, Srisoonthorn, to find a black Toyota Vios on its roof with heavy damage on the footpath.

The two people inside the car had already pulled themselves clear of the wreck:

Driver Thitipan Saisawad, 22, had suffered injuries to his right arm and one his legs, and his passenger Suriyu Ratthanarak, 21, had suffered minor wounds to her face and both arms.

Both were taken to Vachira Hospital in Phuket Town.

“We were told they were heading home from an entertainment venue near the Heroines Monument,” Lt Col Sanit said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/seatbelts-save-two-in-phuket-high-speed-crash-61781.php#Mwde8E7ybp7miue6.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-15

1 hour ago, hellstens said:

"they were heading home from an entertainment venue"

In a crazy high speed as it look like, nothing left of the car

a miracle that they survived, both of them.

Could be the Songkran event of their lives one they survived and if a blood test shows abnormal alcohol readings the insurance may not pay. 

"Seatbelts save two in Phuket high-speed crash."

I didn't think it would be long before a headline like this appeared, just to reiterate the pm's recent seat-belt campaign.  I suppose the thousands that have already been killed or injured are irrelevant.

"The two people inside the car had already pulled themselves clear of the wreck:"

I'm pleased that they were able to release themselves and crawl to safety, but the picture clearly shows a woman under the up-turned Vios.  Did she crawl back-under just for the photo shoot?  The o/s/r tyre looks a bit worn on the edges; maybe a set of new tyres would have avoided the collision with the power pole.  

8 hours ago, Moti24 said:

"Seatbelts save two in Phuket high-speed crash."

I didn't think it would be long before a headline like this appeared, just to reiterate the pm's recent seat-belt campaign.  I suppose the thousands that have already been killed or injured are irrelevant.

"The two people inside the car had already pulled themselves clear of the wreck:"

I'm pleased that they were able to release themselves and crawl to safety, but the picture clearly shows a woman under the up-turned Vios.  Did she crawl back-under just for the photo shoot?  The o/s/r tyre looks a bit worn on the edges; maybe a set of new tyres would have avoided the collision with the power pole.  

And in a few days, the saviour will be some newly blessed amulets and the number plate will be the lucky lottery numbers.

Edited by Reigntax

9 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Could be the Songkran event of their lives one they survived and if a blood test shows abnormal alcohol readings the insurance may not pay. 

More chance the blood reading will determine a high concentration of dope. Not the smoking type and requiring no test to confirm.