17 provinces warned of thunderstorms

rooster59

17 provinces warned of thunderstorms

By The Nation

The National Disaster Warning Centre Saturday warned residents of 17 northeasern, central and eastern provinces to brace themselves for thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday.

The centre said the storms may hit Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Uthai Thani, Nakhon Sawan, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Kanchanaburi, Nakhon Nayok, Prachinburi, Sa Kaew, Chachoengsai, Chanthaburi and Trat.

The people are advised to monito for more warnings from the centre.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30312345

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-16

1 hour ago, sandrabbit said:

How can they say thunderstorms in Chanthaburi but not Rayong?. Even though we had rain a couple of weeks ago it's beginning to look a bit parched again.

From what I've seen and know chanthburi is in a rain shadow, where as rayong isnt, the Yai Dah/Mabchan mountains to the NE of rayong, seems to be the boundary.

Being that this came out today and today being Sunday, perhaps the warning is for next Saturday and Sunday ?

Would seem redundant to warn people of thunderstorms possibly happening - yesterday - an all !

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Here in rural Khampaeng Phet we had 3 thunderstorms last week, all with heavy rain and several more distant thunderstorms that never reached us.

OTOH it is still damn hot during the day.

You must live right to be in the sweet spot. 

4 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

You must live right to be in the sweet spot. 

I am, I do, and most of the time it is OK but it was 36C upstairs when I went for my afternoon siesta. An hour later after the a/c had worked its magic it was down to a comfortable 30C.

9 hours ago, CockneyGit said:

Glorious sunshine and 38 degrees here in Kanchanaburi both today and yesterday..!!

Same Nakhon Ratchasima, but who can believe one word of anything put out by officials ever ?