Savannakhet non imm O + accomodation

Going to Savannakhet to apply for a non imm O based on marriage next Wednesday. Presuming its going to be pretty busy as it is the first day open after the break. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay in Savannakhet? Apologies if this is the incorrect forum.

The place to stay whilst waiting for your visa is the Avalon Residence (Booking.com) B652 for one night next wed

International bus station just 5 mins walk from hotel and the Thai Consulate being just a 10 mins walk.

Enjoy

Edited by hathairat2711
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, hathairat2711 said:

The place to stay whilst waiting for your visa is the Avalon Residence (Booking.com) approx B600-B650.

International bus station just 5 mins walk from hotel and the Thai Consulate being just a 10 mins walk.

Enjoy

Yep, 10 minute walk to the visa place...Have a cafe next door with stuff you can eat...Very clean, OK for a little time...

The place to stay whilst waiting for your visa is the Avalon Residence (Booking.com) B652 for one night next wed

Enjoy

Yes thats a nice place to stay and a good price

Or you could try here

Somchith Chaleunxay Hotel

Address : No 9 Rd, Ban Houamouang Neua,

Its slightly closer to the embassy then the Avalon and a bit cheaper but not as nice. But still OK with Aircon and free WiFi. Also a coffee shop/restaurant opposite. And a Thai /loa style restaurant with cheap food and beer.

Both these places are good because you can walk from the embassy and save a few 100THB on taxis or

My wife and I stayed at Pilgrim's Kitchen & Inn (between Kinnali and Chao Kim Roads) in late January this year. It's a good 40 minute walk to the Consulate but we needed the exercise...

Very clean place with on-site restaurant and easy walking distance of the Mekong River and night market. The road it's on is very quiet and the staff were friendly and efficient. It was a bit more expensive than the popular choices listed above but we were staying in Savannakhet for a few days anyway and wanted somewhere quieter to explore the surrounds.

They also rent-out bicycles and motorbikes if you're feeling adventurous.

Simon

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SimonD said:

My wife and I stayed at Pilgrim's Kitchen & Inn (between Kinnali and Chao Kim Roads) in late January this year. It's a good 40 minute walk to the Consulate but we needed the exercise...

Very clean place with on-site restaurant and easy walking distance of the Mekong River and night market. The road it's on is very quiet and the staff were friendly and efficient. It was a bit more expensive than the popular choices listed above but we were staying in Savannakhet for a few days anyway and wanted somewhere quieter to explore the surrounds.

They also rent-out bicycles and motorbikes if you're feeling adventurous.

Simon

Yep! That´s a good place that I would recommend too. I took the biggest room there and it only cost 800 bath. They can also change money at a good rate if you need.
Another place if you want swimmingpool and a little bit more expensive is Dao Savanh Resort & Spa, but that will be at least 1200-1400 a night.
Bus station is off course ok, but you can get a private taxi ride from the checkpoint to your hotel for about 200-300 bath. I find that more easy, if money is not an object.

Hope you get fun. Not so much to do there, but quite a lot of coffée shops and places to eat and drink.

• Like 1

I stayed at Aura,  next door to Avalon. Everyone I spoke to from Avalon aid the wifi was not good, also have to take shoes off when you go in.  Aura was no problems at all, very clean, decent restaurant, as I say, it's right next door to Avalon.   

• Like 1

• 6 months later...