Somebody lend me two and a half mil

thaiguzzi

Got to sell something. Anything. Everything. The wife. The MIL. The step daughter. My left testicle. Anything. Even my Guzzi... (but not my Triumph...).

My weekly B&S perusal of motorcycles.

1953 Vincent Series 3 Black Shadow. Rebuilt, as new, legal with a book and plate.

2,600,000. Not outrageous at today's prices.

Always wanted one.

Apologies for no link supplied, i'm a bit thick, unsavvy, illiterate, when it comes to computers, so you'll have to get off your butts and go and check out Motorcycling Nirvana yourselves.

Edited by thaiguzzi
additional

I had found that classified advertising before, and my first reaction was that something was off, in some of the pictures the background looks more like a European (English) country sight. Of course I could be wrong, the second thing was how he got a 1953 Vincent (recently build from new parts) past the Thai Roadworthy and Environmental testing. I have problems with much younger machines and cannot imagine how a 1953 Vincent would even get near the Thai exhaust emission standard....

Third, most people who sell a classic/collectible motorcycle do not publish the sales price, as most people who are interested know how much a 1953 Vincent is worth. On the other hand I can imagine that some people in Thailand would think a 64-year old bike would be very cheap... but than I would not try to sell a 1953 Vincent on Bahtsold website, but will contact several classic-bike clubs and have it sold within a few days...

Edited by Richard-BKK

22 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Both nice but like 'chalk & cheese'

£60,000 for a Vinc Series 3 Black Shadow maybe reasonable to a collector,  my mistake on 1/2 mil it's 5 mil for the NR.

Yeah but still a rare classic and a different obsession,  £115,000 got me by surprise because a good few years ago there were 5 or 6 still in crates in Japan and they wanted $1 mil dollars each for them. :blink:

1 hour ago, Richard-BKK said:

I had found that classified advertising before, and my first reaction was that something was off, in some of the pictures the background looks more like a European (English) country sight. Of course I could be wrong, the second thing was how he got a 1953 Vincent (recently build from new parts) past the Thai Roadworthy and Environmental testing. I have problems with much younger machines and cannot imagine how a 1953 Vincent would even get near the Thai exhaust emission standard....

Third, most people who sell a classic/collectible motorcycle do not publish the sales price, as most people who are interested know how much a 1953 Vincent is worth. On the other hand I can imagine that some people in Thailand would think a 64-year old bike would be very cheap... but than I would not try to sell a 1953 Vincent on Bahtsold website, but will contact several classic-bike clubs and have it sold within a few days...

Same here, those pics look like they were taken in the English countryside.... and built from new parts?........ A serious seller of a bike like that would have given frame and engine no.

I smell a scam....

# Agree, background looks very, er green.

# You can get nearly everything new for a Vincent these days, inc a complete motor. The VOC have a remarkable spares scheme, that has been running for decades.

# Approx 5,000 Vincent twins were made post war, until '55, the last year of production, most still on the road.

# I for one, would not be putting engine and frame numbers in ad in print or on the web. Serious enquiring punters would be down there in a flash checking the product out.

# I've seen a few of this guy's ads, seems to have a decent stable of bikes. A Rocket III recently advertised for 600 odd k seemed very reasonable.