Pattaya Uber wars - but this time it's all a big misunderstanding!

webfact

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sounds to me the taxis were behaving like mafia thugs. There must be several charges that could be laid upon them and I hope some punishment is forthcoming. Losing their licenses is one idea, or perhaps their concessions at various prime spots in town.

Where is a taxi when you want one, now we have an idea.

'Losing ... their concessions at various prime spots in town.' That would mean a dispute with the RTP who sell the concessions.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/4/2017 at 2:12 PM, 2008bangkok said:

because they only have half a brain

not even half

On 5/4/2017 at 1:51 PM, Pattaya28 said:

Hilarious """ Misunderstanding""".

"Misunderstanding" is the "Buzz-Word".

Wonder who the numpty is that triggered this off.

Thainess at its' very best.

Hope the "Image of Pattaya" hasn't been tainted by this nonsense.

what image??

On 5/4/2017 at 3:00 PM, steveyinasia said:

These extortionists need to be dealt with however I know nothing will happen.  Its the same here in Chiang mai, Taxi meter sign on the roof however they never turn on the meter and the fare is more than double BKK fares.  Most drive Toyota Fortuners as well, not ver economical, only good to use as a blockade against other services. I hate them with a passion and avoid them whenever I can.

They shot a  cop in Pattaya recently for "crossing" the mob.

You need to understand that pats is being run by the mob.

The ex mayor nicknamed "Godfather of  Chonburi" was one, in jail now.got 25y

And it's only natural if you consider billions are on table... all the sin cities past and present always been run by the mob, Las Vegas(Bugsy), Gold Coast(Italians), Havana(Meyer Lansky)

IMO there are no smiles in Pattaya. as a matter of fact the men(and some women) are unfriendly,aggressive and brutal if you try to resist giving them what they want.

90's are long gone when pattaya was much better

The "fee" for running a taxi in Pattaya is 15,000Baht per month, plus extras as the BIB decide.  Uber drivers pay nothing.

So when there is an Uber driver involved the BIB are at best going to do nothing, but more likely get the taxi drivers to take care of the unregulated (read fee paying) Uber driver.

Oh the fee is paid in cash on time or expect to be pulled up by the BIB for various infringements.  Now if they were as diligent in performing their real duties imagine how safe the roads would be.

Cheers