Khao San Road Guesthouse And Hotel

phitsanulok

Hi there.

Anyone know of a good place in that area??

Thx :o

I dont know what your knowledge of khaosan is like but iirc khaosan road is mostly lower end accom.

check this link out:

http://www.sawasdee-hotels.com/

I've stayed in 2 sawasdee guest houses on khaosan - khaosan inn & bangkok inn - and they were ok.

nothing special but cheap and cheerful. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nana Plaza Inn is great infront of mcdonalds, for only 400 baht a night you get a nice cozy room with aircon and bringing your friends is free^^ do not stay in marco polo for 350 baht a night, you will get bombarded with suzi's night pub music till 1am then hearing japanese couples banging all night around 2am.....

The trick is to stay in the area but off the street itself. No accommodation that is actually on Khao San Rd. is quiet enough.

Merry V on Pra Athit Rd. is ok. So are a few places North of the KSR area in the sois close to the river (cant remember names now, sorry).

Also, the mentioned Sawasdee chain guest houses which are located in the soi that runs around the temple Wat Chana Songkhram West of KSR are reasonable, although lacking in character in my opinion...

Hi there.

Anyone know of a good place in that area??

Thx :o

I dont know what your knowledge of khaosan is like but iirc khaosan road is mostly lower end accom.

check this link out:

http://www.sawasdee-hotels.com/

I've stayed in 2 sawasdee guest houses on khaosan - khaosan inn & bangkok inn - and they were ok.

nothing special but cheap and cheerful. :D

Sawasdee chain is good value, reliable and pretty clean. Not to be confused with the Sawasdee House on Soi Rambutri (just round the corner from Khao San), which isn't part of the chain. It's next to the Bangkok Bar, but anyway it's also a good option although the rooms are very small, but clean and nice. NB they have a rather odd sign by reception saying "No Thai people allowed in the rooms" though, which seems quite rude to me. But you can get round this easily by saying that a Thai person who you want to check in with you is not Thai, but Lao :D.

theres a lovely newish place up near the rama 9 bridge. Swana. boutiquey, lovely rooms, and away from KSR. not sure of price, but its a nice place with a cocktail bar on the top floor (well, it DID have - not sure if it still does).

There's loads of places on Soi Rambuttri along and behind the small temple at the end of Khaosan road.

Rambuttri village inn is pretty good with a small swimming pool on the top and you just walk for a minute behind the temple you can sit and drink big ice cold fresh frothies for 50Baht and watch the world go by. :o

Every time I go to Khao san rd I go to Buddy lodge, you turn left for mcdonalds, keep walking past it and its on your right in the shop alley.

nice beds, cable TV, smimming pool. Its about 700-1000 baht for 2 sigle beds in a room or a double.

Last time I was there was last new years.

You can also turn the aircon, tv, lights on from your bedrest.

http://www.buddylodge.com/roomrate.html

Its says 2000-2400 baht but thats for the clueless.

theres a lovely newish place up near the rama 9 bridge. Swana. boutiquey, lovely rooms, and away from KSR. not sure of price, but its a nice place with a cocktail bar on the top floor (well, it DID have - not sure if it still does).

price 1400-1600 yes it is nice but bit over price