Bangkok traders say thanks for improved economy with eggs!

webfact

Bangkok traders say thanks for improved economy with eggs!

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

NAKHON PATHOM: -- Two husband and wife traders from Bangkok made merit at a Nakhon Pathom temple with 50,000 eggs at the weekend.

Panom Suantako, 60, and his wife Pusadee run a business supplying wood for wreaths to the florist trade. But they said that two years ago their business suffered a severe downturn, reported Thai Rath.

It was so bad that they feared for the future of their extended family so two months ago they went to the temple of Wat Klang Bang Phra to pray to the Buddhist image of Luang Phor Somwang.

They promised that if economic conditions improved they would donate 50,000 eggs and holy cloth.

Things have really picked up recently and good to their promise the couple arrived at the temple with relatives and the eggs and 60 meters of cloth.

The story about the ritual - known as "gae bon" in Thai - was widely shared on social media, reported Thai Rath.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-15

They must be egghausted after carrying that lot into the temple!  I bet the chickens are knackered as well.

My wife has been to the temple a few times with 200 eggs.  Usually, there are a lot of people with the same amount of eggs.  They sit with the eggs and listen to the monks rabble on for about an hour, then pick up the eggs and leave.  My wife usually gives a few handouts outside the temple, but most people just take them home again.  It might well be an annual ritual, but if I tell the wife that she's an egg short of a 10 pack, she gets ratty and tells me I don't understand.  I told her that I understand that next year, she will be getting the bus to the temple, eggs and all.

22 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

They must be egghausted after carrying that lot into the temple!  I bet the chickens are knackered as well.

My wife has been to the temple a few times with 200 eggs.  Usually, there are a lot of people with the same amount of eggs.  They sit with the eggs and listen to the monks rabble on for about an hour, then pick up the eggs and leave.  My wife usually gives a few handouts outside the temple, but most people just take them home again.  It might well be an annual ritual, but if I tell the wife that she's an egg short of a 10 pack, she gets ratty and tells me I don't understand.  I told her that I understand that next year, she will be getting the bus to the temple, eggs and all.

You sound like it  was no yolk and you were eggsasperated..........:smile: