Flooding

cmsally

It seems LoiKhroh  road is closed east of Wat Pantong due to flooding in case anyone thinking of driving there. Also a lot of the Chiang Mai Gate area too. I don't know if that means the whole Night Bazaar area is flooded - I didn't feel like wading that far!!

Chiang Mai gate has always been prone to flooding. And it does get quite deep in areas there.

Wasn't aware Chang Klan was also susceptible to flooding. Will certainly have an impact on the stall holders.

If the rain keeps up they may even cancel the Saturday and Sunday markets!  Well the Saturday one would be more likely be cancelled as it's very prone to flooding.

No rain out in Mae Rim at the moment. Very sunny actually but nice clean air and good visibility. 

The grounds around the house are very water logged.....so the missus decides to wash all her outside furniture etc.  Thai logic?

26 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Chang Klan was closed all along the Night Bazar due to flooding. The police said all businesses, schools, etc. closed today.

Amazing that its only a relatively short distance from the Ping.Year after year this happens. Could I suggest that some attention needs to be paid to drainage and maintenance

Amazing that its only a relatively short distance from the Ping.Year after year this happens. Could I suggest that some attention needs to be paid to drainage and maintenance

Sure, suggest at the City Hall.

...and as of noon on Friday I could drive everywhere again in the Chang Klan - Charoen Prathet area.   Flash floods take a couple hours to drain, but then they're gone almost everywhere except for some trouble spots like the Kom market and Wiang Ping area.

It was interesting by the way that it was only the West side of the river that was affected; things drained very well on the East side.  (As opposed to 'real' flooding from the river going over its banks, that's also a major problem on the East side.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

On 5/19/2017 at 11:37 AM, CMKiwi said:

Chiang Mai gate has always been prone to flooding. And it does get quite deep in areas there.

Wasn't aware Chang Klan was also susceptible to flooding. Will certainly have an impact on the stall holders.

If the rain keeps up they may even cancel the Saturday and Sunday markets!  Well the Saturday one would be more likely be cancelled as it's very prone to flooding.

No rain out in Mae Rim at the moment. Very sunny actually but nice clean air and good visibility. 

The grounds around the house are very water logged.....so the missus decides to wash all her outside furniture etc.  Thai logic?

Wasn't aware Chang Klan was also susceptible to flooding.

Really ?

This pic from a couple of years back, but it does flood most years.                        Related image

Edited by happyas

That's right....  5 years ago I was living in the Galae Thong condos down the east end of Chang Klan.

On the outside of the condos there was quite a prominent tide/mud mark. I remember asking the downstairs reception and they said it was from a previous flood.  Must have been a big one as the level was at about the 4ft mark.