Jump to content

Property owners told to fence off vacant land


Rimmer

Recommended Posts

Property owners told to fence off vacant land

1242-n5-Open.jpg

PATTAYA:-- Pattaya has ordered owners of open land to fence off their property and erect signs to block them from becoming illegal trash dumps.

 

Following a string of cases where undeveloped land had become littered with huge piles of garbage and construction waste, Mayor Anan Charoen­chasri ordered a survey of open fields and their owners.

 

Letters were sent to the property owners informing them of the new regulation, said city spokesman Pinit Maneerat. He said the city also is concerned about vacant property that has become overgrown and dark, as it can be used for nefarious purposes.

 

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/property-owners-told-fence-off-vacant-land-174955

 
pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-05-19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another ass backwards dictate,
They should be providing an official place to dump the waste as well as prosecuting the fly tippers and removing it (maybe at land owners expense) to the official waste site......
errrm there is an official waste site right ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, trogers said:

What? Owners of vacant land here has to be socially responsible?

I think there is shared responsibility here.. governments should police better and owners should try to fence it off make it harder for it to become a dump.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is long established technology for converting household waste into electricity. It is sustainable and affordable, especially for a growing city like Pattaya. The residue (ash) can be used for making ready mixed concrete. Partnering up with an electricity distributor is required.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Did you ever think how many fences would be needed to

block off all empty land?

 

More fences would be a lot less expensive then trying the non ending task of educating Thais about not trashing the land.That would be a hopeless case.Like asking the government officials and the bib "not to be corrupt".

Edited by sanukjim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We fence off our land in Chiangmai and does that stop people dumping rubbish?  No it doesn't.  We were spending 3,000 baht a month to have huge piles of rubbish removed, everything from concrete, trees and personal garbage.  One time we even caught the guy we paid to remove the rubbish dumping rubbish on our land.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, johng said:

Another ass backwards dictate,
They should be providing an official place to dump the waste as well as prosecuting the fly tippers and removing it (maybe at land owners expense) to the official waste site......
errrm there is an official waste site right ?

There is a site on The Darkside off the railway road Soi 89 or similar(mentioned in a thread some months ago) - I used it a couple of times 2 months ago or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

We fence off our land in Chiangmai and does that stop people dumping rubbish?  No it doesn't.  We were spending 3,000 baht a month to have huge piles of rubbish removed, everything from concrete, trees and personal garbage.  One time we even caught the guy we paid to remove the rubbish dumping rubbish on our land.

A  true  entreprenuer !  Gets  paid  to   take it away  twice ! Maybe  more!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, robblok said:

I think there is shared responsibility here.. governments should police better and owners should try to fence it off make it harder for it to become a dump.

Become a dump?

 

Bit late for that

 

Mind you went to Brum the other day and shock horror with the rubbish I saw on the Bristol road, first thing I thought of was pat, then if the city had been taken over by some Asians, drive on further and yes was the answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...