Video: Russian couple resist arrest in Pattaya alcohol stop

webfact

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Should also be charged for that ridiculous pony tail! Can't stand this d'you-know-who-I-am attitude, and those Thai-spoken farang who think they're above the law are especially cringe-worthy. Yes, the cops can be bent, corrupt and incompetent, but they are also generally pretty forgiving. Had they shown an ounce of respect and just complied, they'd have probably been on their way. 

your LAST 2 sentences are so much more enlightened than your FIRST  2;-

so you're resentful of those of us foreigners who live here who have bothered to attain a degree of proficiency in the language? and culture?

a ponytail is no crime, and position and power IS highly respected and valued

here, whether you like it or not-  but the dude AND his wife were BOTH very wrong to have acted the way they did (you're right in the fact that had they shown any respect, they most likely wouldn't have been arrested)

however,  even though for GOOD reason (having met too many of them in Phuket and a few pieces of work who wandered onto our island) i cannot STAND most Russians (even my few Russian friends agree- actually THEY spoke first in this regard- how big of a-holes the majority  of Russians are), i APPLAUD this dude ONLY  for at least bothering to speak the language well-

something most of the whingers on this forum don't even bother to do,

all the while complaining about Thai this, Thai that, waa waa waa boo hoo...

yes, i speak Thai w/proficiency, i read and write it too (about 20% by my estimation although my Thai friends protest that i'm above 50%)-

and i feel that EVERYBODY who lives here SHOULD make the effort- SERIOUSLY- to do so... if not then they are nothing but modern-day colonists and should NOT be here!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the start of the video he asked for the name of the policeman, who refused to give it.  This is why he refused to get out of the car.  He also asked if there was any video evidence of the woman driving, which there wasn't.  I would say he stayed extremely calm throughout.

Maybe he is related to Rasputin the mad monk Since the break-up of the soviet union the Russians have been coming to Thailand in droves to start up business again like prostitution on drugs gambling etc  When he said he knows lots of police down at the station he was probaly right Maybe and escape from the station after brown envelope is handed over

9 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

At the start of the video he asked for the name of the policeman, who refused to give it.  This is why he refused to get out of the car.  He also asked if there was any video evidence of the woman driving, which there wasn't.  I would say he stayed extremely calm throughout.

Where is it a prerequisite for policemen at a roadblock to give their names before one is required to accede to their requests??

Did he imagine that they were fake police and that he would be able to identify them as such once their names were revealed??

He tried it on, but he failed.

3 hours ago, tropo said:

You don't have any clue what they are going to get. We'll have to wait until the matter has been settled in court. Possibly short jail terms and fines. The lady will have a criminal assault charge too for biting several people.

They will have their visas revoked, be required to post bail (at least 100k each) and given temporary stays until the next court hearing. After that, they could be deported but will have trouble getting visas if they are not.

The only thing they should be concerned about now is finding a good lawyer willing to go head on against the police. That won't be easy.

Aren't you dreaming about the consequences ? 100k bail and deported ? It won't happen, judges need money too.

5 hours ago, DuiDui48 said:

Seeing how the police leave the Russian guy WHITH handcuffs only cuffed on ONE hand,then the Police turn their back on him...well what can i say...they are NOT able to preform their work at all.The levell they handle this case when they tryed to put him in handcuffs says leaves alot to wish for regarding the way they work.But i guess i leave it at this:TiT.

Yes it's best you leave it when you have no idea what your talking about about.

The police did a great job against this idiot. 

It's On Trappraya Rd going towards Jomtien about 100 yards before the right turn lights to Pratumnak.

I've not seen a check point there before but there is often one the otherside of the road & the otherside of those lights to catch drivers coming up from Jomtien.

What time of night were they stopped?

I don't expect jokes from a "Star Fleet" commander.......whatever next....

"Spock" is going to start displaying emotions ??

Anymore of this and I will get "Scotty" to beam me back to "Blighty"  ?

On second thoughts....."Belay that"

Again shows the tolerance and patience of Thai police officers. 

Officers in the UK, Germany and France, IME, would not have been as patient and non confrontational or aggressive.

And gawd knows how the police in the US would react.

I doubt their own nations police would be so tolerant either.

At the minimum he would have a nice beating in the US for resisting because they have to demonstrate to everyone else they are in control.

Just now, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I see that 'Morticia Addams' didnt go willingly either.

I though that she was quite arresting.

I wouldn't mind giving her the old 3rd degree & see if she holds up under questioning.

1 minute ago, SidJames said:

I though that she was quite arresting.

I wouldn't mind giving her the old 3rd degree & see if she holds up under questioning.

Yeah,she was quite nice, certainly appealed to me, but then i liked Morticia anyway.

2 hours ago, stubuzz said:

The policeman didnt refuse to give his name he said 'Ive told you my name 10 times already' the Russian was still asking at the police station and the policeman was still giving the same reply. 

8 hours ago, Radar501 said:

"......She is expected to be charged with drink driving while the man will face charges of resisting arrest......."

Resisting arrest?......Exactly what offence was Comrade Ruski being arrested for in the first place?   

Being Prize Ass!!!! Get a hair cut and get a real job!!

Thailand attracts too many low-life farangs and treats them far too well.  

This Russian clown would've been clubbed, tasered, and likely shot for resisting arrest like that in his home country and especially the US.

2 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Swapping drivers, OBVIOUSLY. 

I thought he was engaged in a discussion about window tinting obscuring the act of swapping drivers.

The windscreen didn't look that dark to me... not dark enough to obscure the interior anyway... but then... remove tinting from the equation, and the time of day ( night) may be a more relevant factor

IMG_4026.PNG

2 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Aren't you dreaming about the consequences ? 100k bail and deported ? It won't happen, judges need money too.

Someone please remind us about the bail required for the women "illegally" feeding the fish, on a boating tour "day" trip off Phuket.

100k baht was it? ( and a weekend in the chalong lockup)

thailand... the land of smiles... and so many other things.... love it!

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

He hardly looks like a 'good guy in' type to me.

as soon as he started to resist that was a cue for a take down and a knee to the head .....