Recumbent Trikes

New007

If you are on Facebook, I suppose you might by now have searched for 'Recumbent Thailand' ?

the nearest decent off-shore source might otherwise be Greenspeed (they are in melbourne, Vic, Australia

They make to measure, and you can make a trip of it by visiting them at their complex.

hey also have links with independant cycling outfits, where you can have yourself measured 

Are you after Tadpole or Delta?

I prefer the Tadpole for the sheer comfort and stability,

but a Delta gets you higher (to be more visible),

although that isn't of any use when the drivers and bikers aren't looking...

Edited by tifino

the only thing I'm not in favour fof with the VeloT... is the feature which you need in Thailand - the higher ride height 

although you might be able to try for a wider track?

I spoilt myself, with a track width of 107cm, but me bum is only 14cm above the ground

(Mine is homemade, contructed out of exhaust pipe tubing)

but I reckon the feature best to have is the absorber full-suspension, for all the bumps you experience

and try to avoid the Folders

Edited by tifino

• 1 month later...
Why shouldn't I get a folding trike? What is the downside?

I was looking at the Scorpion FS20. It's got the full suspension but you can fold it. 

I have a folding 20" Trident Spike, with no suspension. It's a fun and sporty ride. I'm not sure why the folding aspect should be avoided. It's easy to transport and there's no obvious issue with structural integrity.

Well, I had a test ride on the Scorpion FS 26 two weeks ago in Hongkong and must say that it was a hell of a ride. I did about 2 hours of riding and didn't feel a thing. It had the Bodylink Seat which seemed a bit small at first, but felt really comfortable. I am seriously considering getting one, which would mean ordering it via Hongkong and then bring it back here via airplane. I think it shouldn't be a problem since the whole thing weighs less than 25kg. Has anyone ever imported one to the Land of Smiles?

Well, I had a test ride on the Scorpion FS 26 two weeks ago in Hongkong and must say that it was a hell of a ride. I did about 2 hours of riding and didn't feel a thing. It had the Bodylink Seat which seemed a bit small at first, but felt really comfortable. I am seriously considering getting one, which would mean ordering it via Hongkong and then bring it back here via airplane. I think it shouldn't be a problem since the whole thing weighs less than 25kg. Has anyone ever imported one to the Land of Smiles?

I brought my Trident first from the US to Malaysia and later to Thailand. On both occasions I broke it down as far as feasible, wrapped it in 6 mil plastic and checked it in at the airline counter. No extra charges, no questions and no damage.

• 4 months later...