Where to obtain an ED visa in a country near Thailand nowadays

Hi fellow Thaivisa friends, 

I'm obtaining an ED visa from a self defence school in Thailand, and picking it up from one of the countries near by Thailand in the next 3-4 weeks. I believe you can get it from Laos at least, but I wanted to inquire are there any other countries in SE Asia where I can obtain it easily besides Laos, or only from Laos? So I can plan my trip beforehand. 

Thank you for any replies beforehand.

Edited by steveharrisisthelegend
Clarified wording

1 hour ago, steveharrisisthelegend said:

Thank you. For Vietnam its Ho Chi Minh City and Cambodia Phnom Penh? What about Hong Kong, is it possible to get one there? 

Thank you very much 

Hanoi also for Vietnam. You should check with them or have a look at their websites to find out their requirements.

Links to websites are here: http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

Hong Kong should be OK. Select your country here to check for their requirements. http://www.thai-consulate.org.hk/web/3015.php?s=4049

• Like 1

Thank you very much ubonjoe. 

I e-mailed Hong Kong and Hanoi consulates about the issue, hopefully they will get back to me soon. If anyone has obtained an ED visa from Hanoi recently I would appreciate it if you can share your experience here. 

Again thank you very much for your help. Best regards, steveharrisisthelegend

On 6/1/2017 at 4:12 PM, steveharrisisthelegend said:

Thank you. For Vietnam its Ho Chi Minh City and Cambodia Phnom Penh? What about Hong Kong, is it possible to get one there? 

Thank you very much 

I am from Hong Kong. Yes, it is possible, but it is not easy. When I first applied my ED Visa, the consulate asked for lots of questions and documents like bank statements... other than the one that my school given me.