Single edge razor blades available in Bangkok?

orchidlady

I brought several single edge razor blades back with me when I last went home. I use them for scraping spilled food off glass stove top cooker. 

Anyone know if you can buy them in Bangkok?  Some sellers will send to Thailand but the shipping cost is 4x the price of the item and not sure if Thailand would allow them to be sent.

I've also seen mini-scrapers that use the regular double-edge blades.

Meant for removing paint from glass they would be ideal for what you use them for and the blades are available everywhere.

You can buy those at most any beauty supply shop, as Thai barber shops all use them. You might stop in a barber shop and ask where is the nearest. You can point to the straight razor (shavette) on the counter in front of the chairs to explain what you're looking for.

3 minutes ago, smotherb said:

You could simply put tape on one edge of a double edged blade, could you not?

Sadly they end up wayyy to flexible for use naked.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Sadly they end up wayyy to flexible for use naked.

I've done it using duck tape. You leave only a bit of one edge showing; the tape provides some rigidity. Of course, you are careful with the pressure you use, just like it was a razor blade.

Thanks to all, I only found them on Malaysia Lazada and don't know about shipping. Amazon and Ebay the shipping was 4-5 X the purchase price.

Will check out Home Pro next week. Also tried B2S as they can be used for art but they don't carry them and Central Chidlom doesn't either. Will definitely bring back box 100 when I go back home.

If you're using it as a ceramic hot plate scraper you don't need a razor blade, I got a set of paint scrapers at the local market "household items" store for about ฿20. The Japanese ฿60 stores have them, and some of the Thai ฿20 stores or you can pay a lot more at a Home Depot store.

820909500988.jpg

048661341759.jpg

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

Just to clarify, I understand our OP is looking for these:-

Imageresizer.ashx.jpg

These are replacement blades used in scrapers, utility knives, box cutters or by hand.  I use them for scraping paint off windows primarily.  Rigid and no risk of cutting your fingers.  They are available in the hardware/hand tool section of Homepro, Homemart and other hardware stores.  There are other utility knife replacement blades that may be suitable for the OP's purpose as well.