17 injured as staff bus overturns in Angthong

webfact

17 injured as staff bus overturns in Angthong
By The Nation

ANGTHONG: -- Sixteen workers and the driver were injured when their factory bus overturned in Angthong province on Thursday night, police said.

Pol Colonel Nathee Siriworawat, commander of Chaiyo Police Station, said the accident happened at 9pm on the north-bound Asia Highway in Chaiyo district.

Rescuers took the 16 injured people to the Chaiyo district hospital and another to the Angthong Hospital.

The driver, Yutthana Yaemsuan, 60, told police that a pickup truck overtook his bus and suddenly cut in front so he swerved to the left, causing his bus to flip over.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30317611

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-09

" The driver, Yutthana Yaemsuan, 60, told police that a pickup truck overtook his bus and suddenly cut in front so he swerved to the left, causing his bus to flip over."

instead of decelerating slightly as the truck pulled along side and just slightly braking again to allow the truck some space in front of you. Because this has never happened before.

Why would the driver need to swerve if a faster vehicle overtook him ?

Was the overtaking vehicle going "slower" ?

More quality Thai driving. 

And the "swerving" must have been very severe to overturn the bus, let alone the inclusion of speed.

"The driver, Yutthana Yaemsuan, 60, told police that a pickup truck overtook his bus and suddenly cut in front so he swerved to the left, causing his bus to flip over."

I would have thought the usual scenario would be for the bus to hit the pickup up the backside.  A bus driver taking evasive action, that's a new one.  Unless the pickup's sudden appearance woke the driver up.

8 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

"The driver, Yutthana Yaemsuan, 60, told police that a pickup truck overtook his bus and suddenly cut in front so he swerved to the left, causing his bus to flip over."

I would have thought the usual scenario would be for the bus to hit the pickup up the backside.  A bus driver taking evasive action, that's a new one.  Unless the pickup's sudden appearance woke the driver up.

and he was having such a lovely little day-dream and bugger me out of the blue comes this crazy pickup - just appeared like a magic trick and of course pleading the usual brake-failure he couldn't slow down.

Edited by Artisi

On 6/9/2017 at 2:37 PM, Moti24 said:

My thoughts exactly

Probably something like..

"pickup didn't allow for oncoming traffic and attempted overtaking manoeuvre.  

Bus sped up to attempt to hold it's position.  

Pickup cut in front of the bus to avoid hitting oncoming traffic.  

Bus driver unaware of brakes fitted to bus so attempted to avoid collision using steering wheel only".  

Edited by akirasan