‘Murder suspect Priyanuch linked to cross-border drug syndicate’

rooster59

‘Murder suspect Priyanuch linked to cross-border drug syndicate’

By THE NATION

a5e45a78c69713e7b86b80397f5cc8f8.jpeg

BOTH THE Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) and police have confirmed a likely link between murder suspect Priyanuch Nonwangchai and an illicit drug gang.

Authorities say there is now enough evidence to believe that the key suspect in the high-profile dismemberment murder case has also been involved in a cross-border drug-trafficking gang. 

Police said, however, that the link has nothing to do with the murder, which was apparently carried out over vengeance. 

“After we talked to the ONCB, we found that there is grounds to believe she is involved in drugs,” Deputy National Police Commissioner Pol General Chalermkiat Srivorakan said after meeting with ONCB secretary general Sirinya Sittichai yesterday. 

Sirinya refused to reveal details of how Priyanuch had been involved in the drug-trafficking gang as it might affect the ongoing investigation. 

“We have now worked with Myanmar police in gathering evidence. When we get more evidence, we will press drug charges against her,” he said. 

Earlier, national police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda maintained that the suspect’s motive had nothing to do with any transnational narcotic syndicate although she had a history of drug abuse.

Meanwhile, the family of the 22-year-old woman who was killed and dismembered yesterday filed a Bt10 million lawsuit against the five suspects in the crime.

“Completing vocational education, the victim was a breadwinner and was just 22 years old,” lawyer Noppadon Sidatan said yesterday on behalf of Warisara Klinjui’s family. 

Warisara was found dead last month. Evidence suggests Priyanuch Wangnonchai and four alleged accomplices murdered Warisara and cut her body into pieces. All suspects are now in custody. 

“I will check what assets these suspects have so that I can ask the court to freeze them. This is a step to ensure that if and when we win the case, we will get the compensation,” Noppadon said.

“We will file a bankruptcy lawsuit against them if necessary.” 

The compensation lawsuit is in addition to criminal proceedings that the five suspects are now facing. 

Noppadon has also helped Warisara’s family sue Prapasri Somsri, an elder sister of Priyanuch, for damages over defamation. 

The lawsuit against Prapasri also seeks Bt10-million compensation. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30317684

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-10

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

Is it just me, or are they just pinning any old cr@p on her?

From everything I've read, both on ThaiVisa and BK Post, this girl was involved in some heavy duty activities, that included drugs.  Remember, her boyfriend is now doing time for that.  And when you look at all the photos of her with stacks of money, and expensive perfumes, you don't get that working a normal job in Thailand.  So I can see why the cops are following possible leads in that direction. We'll just have to wait and see what they come up with. 

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Is it just me, or are they just pinning any old cr@p on her?

So you never saw the FB pages with her rolling in acres of 1,000 bt notes?   Like Inspector (Pink Panther) Clouseau's wife, "very economical with the housekeeping money?"  Pull the other one!

Jeff Lynne from ELO had something to say on this matter (in the song "Evil woman.").   "Ha Ha Ha, it's a crying shame. And she ain't got no one else to blame'"

Edited by The Deerhunter

9 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

She has cash flows between 1-2 million baht a month on her account.
As a bargirl she will never have earned so much.
This would corresponds to 1000 shorttimes per month.
No way.
She is a high-class drug trafficker.

I'm paying too much for short times.

On 6/10/2017 at 0:41 AM, cardinalblue said:

She's not high class...she is a low class druggie hooker who has the ability to kill people when angered....

waterboard her on a regular basis until they  carry out her execution 

Aren't bargirls lovely?

On 11.6.2017 at 7:18 PM, Laab Muu said:

Everything about her screams low class, if you believe in 'class'.

High class, by that I mean the drug classifications classes.

Category 1 – Heroin;Amphetamine; Methamphetamine; MDMA (Ecstasy); LSD, Yaba

Category 5 – Cannabis; psychoactive mushrooms; Kratom Plant

The penalty is much stronger for higher drug classes or class 1 drugs.

• 5 weeks later...