June 12, 20179 yr I will be heading to Thailand in November and seem to find mixed messages... can a US citizen (over 50) obtain a 60-day tourist visa (no plans to leave Thailand during my stay), then on the day it expires (assuming immigration office is open on that day) get it renewed for one additional 30-day period so I can stay 90-days total? I read about the Retirement visa but seems like a lot of forms plus I don't plan to retire in Thailand. I was hoping to confirm prior to booking round trip airfare. Also, I am taking 2 elderly (g/f's parents) who are in their 80s, live / Residents of Canada but have Chinese passports, anyone have a clue on China rules? 15-day voa is too short and can't see busing them to laos! thanks so much i've googled and googled but with visa rules so fluid I was hoping this forum would help!
June 12, 20179 yr You can get a single entry tourist visa that will allow a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days at an immigration office. You can apply up to 2 weeks early for the extension since the extension will start from the day your 60 day entry ends. If you girlfriends parents are permanent residents of Canada they can apply for single entry tourist visas, See 1.3 here on the embassy in Ottawa website. http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/visas/general-visa-info
June 13, 20179 yr Author You can get a single entry tourist visa that will allow a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days at an immigration office. You can apply up to 2 weeks early for the extension since the extension will start from the day your 60 day entry ends. If you girlfriends parents are permanent residents of Canada they can apply for single entry tourist visas, See 1.3 here on the embassy in Ottawa website. http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/visas/general-visa-infoThank youSent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
Create an account or sign in to comment