New Christian Group Founded in Hua Hin

snoop1130

New Christian Group Founded in Hua Hin

new-christian-group-founded-hua-hin.jpg

The assistant to the Hua Hin mayor has recently established the Forget Me Not group, a new Christian group in Hua Hin available for Thais and foreigners. According to Ms. Natthawan Mitdee, an assistant to the mayor of Hua Hin, the group, located at a house No. 136/359 in Soi 102 of Nong Kae Community, was founded by Thai women married to foreigners. The group is chaired by Mrs. Lek Modekasem, a Thai woman whose husband is American. There are now more 100 prospective Thai and foreign Members. The major aim of the Forget Me Not group is to unite members and encourage them to take part in Christian activities, including giving help to the community, especially the disadvantaged.

The group’s chairperson teaches Thai to foreigners and her husband is providing English classes to Thai children and adults. There are also classes in Thai and international cooking, traditional Thai massage, facial and hair beautification. Members also promote ethics according to the Bible. When they are together members remind each other of positive thinking, solidarity and unity. The group’s policy has recently been presented to the mayor of Hua Hin and the chief officer of the city’s local administration office. Mrs. Lek said that the Forget Me Not group was a Protestant Christians; however other Christians or people of other religions and beliefs are welcome to become members and join social activities.

Source: http://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/new-christian-group-founded-hua-hin/

huahintoday_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2017-6-14

Are this the same group some are in Land & House in Chalong Phuket ?

If the same group it`s a BIG scam, They rent out House and apartment.

And they are not Christian, If The same look the picture under :

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

This thread is an advertisement and as the group, seemingly a charity, professes among other things, to teach English, not a very good one, as it's full of ambiguities, grammatical errors and badly constructed phrases. 

The scam, I should imagine, if there is one, would be getting well meaning people to collect money and pocketing a lot of it under the guise of 'expenses'.

Jolly decent of them, although apparently subscribing  to a Christian denomination opposed to popery, to allow Catholics and indeed anyone at all to help them in their mission.

On 6/19/2017 at 11:15 PM, piersbeckett said:

This thread is an advertisement and as the group, seemingly a charity, professes among other things, to teach English, not a very good one, as it's full of ambiguities, grammatical errors and badly constructed phrases. 

The scam, I should imagine, if there is one, would be getting well meaning people to collect money and pocketing a lot of it under the guise of 'expenses'.

Jolly decent of them, although apparently subscribing  to a Christian denomination opposed to popery, to allow Catholics and indeed anyone at all to help them in their mission.

When you have some actual facts, please feel to post them. Innuendo and expressions of butt hurt achieve nothing.

They obviously serve a  market and no one is forcing anyone to join. Better some quiet well behaved folks than the clowns down from BKK with their Air BNB orgies and drug fests terrorizing people.

On 6/25/2017 at 0:12 PM, geriatrickid said:

When you have some actual facts, please feel to post them. Innuendo and expressions of butt hurt achieve nothing.

They obviously serve a  market and no one is forcing anyone to join. Better some quiet well behaved folks than the clowns down from BKK with their Air BNB orgies and drug fests terrorizing people.

I don't see a lot of actual facts in your own post; I have at least drawn from the article and commented as to my view of its validity.

You may consider telling other posters when they can and cannot post and expressing a dislike for a poster's tone, amounts to a meaningful contribution but I think you're mistaken and your post vacuous.

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:12 PM, geriatrickid said:

So by your own argument please supply the evidence (actual facts ) to support your own innuendo and expression; to quote you "Air BNB orgies and drug fests terrorizing people"

17 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

So by your own argument please supply the evidence (actual facts ) to support your own innuendo and expression; to quote you "Air BNB orgies and drug fests terrorizing people"

Have you attended any of the events that were disparaged i.e. did you see with your own eyes? Did you make any inquires direct to these people? No you did not, but here you come to demand that I accept uncorroborated and unsubstantiated allegations at face value.

You raise the canard of the Air BNB issue as a means to distract. Unfortunately for you, the issue is documented. Thai Visa even ran a story on the situation. I have seen the problem first hand and there are a  number of  condos being rented out now in some of the once decent  properties  that have the problem.  My friend had to leave a building close to  Market Village because of this problem.

And so back to you and your pal. What evidence do you have of the impropriety at the location?  Attend  one of their meetings and see for yourself.  

18 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Have you attended any of the events that were disparaged i.e. did you see with your own eyes? Did you make any inquires direct to these people? No you did not, but here you come to demand that I accept uncorroborated and unsubstantiated allegations at face value.

You raise the canard of the Air BNB issue as a means to distract. Unfortunately for you, the issue is documented. Thai Visa even ran a story on the situation. I have seen the problem first hand and there are a  number of  condos being rented out now in some of the once decent  properties  that have the problem.  My friend had to leave a building close to  Market Village because of this problem.

And so back to you and your pal. What evidence do you have of the impropriety at the location?  Attend  one of their meetings and see for yourself.  

So in other words, cutting through your dross, you can not quote any reliable factual statement to support your argument.  Only hearsay and I saw it  !!!.

19 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

So in other words, cutting through your dross, you can not quote any reliable factual statement to support your argument.  Only hearsay and I saw it  !!!.

The issue here is that you are pushing a claim that a group is engaged in corrupt activity because they are Christian.

When asked if you saw it first hand, you can not say that you have. When asked if you have any information to support your claim, you cannot provide anything, but instead go off on a tangent insisting that I provide supporting information in respect to the well known problem with Air BNB rentals. When I provide a reference to published information and  a link, you dismiss it  as "dross".  

You cannot support your allegation. I am not the one disparaging a group of people who have gathered to practice their religious beliefs. Perhaps you hate Christians or  hold a grudge. I don't know, and do not care. What I do know is that if one were to substitute  blacks, or asians, or gays, or people with disabilities,  your comments would be described as  supporting hate speech and prejudice.

As a point of reference, multiple Christian faith groups have been funding social assistance programs for the destitute and sick in Hua Hin for some time. I am grateful for their contributions. I would much rather have a bunch of bible thumpers keeping to themselves than the farangs of Bintabaht and their projectile vomit.

42 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The issue here is that you are pushing a claim that a group is engaged in corrupt activity because they are Christian.

When asked if you saw it first hand, you can not say that you have. When asked if you have any information to support your claim, you cannot provide anything, but instead go off on a tangent insisting that I provide supporting information in respect to the well known problem with Air BNB rentals. When I provide a reference to published information and  a link, you dismiss it  as "dross".  

You cannot support your allegation. I am not the one disparaging a group of people who have gathered to practice their religious beliefs. Perhaps you hate Christians or  hold a grudge. I don't know, and do not care. What I do know is that if one were to substitute  blacks, or asians, or gays, or people with disabilities,  your comments would be described as  supporting hate speech and prejudice.

As a point of reference, multiple Christian faith groups have been funding social assistance programs for the destitute and sick in Hua Hin for some time. I am grateful for their contributions. I would much rather have a bunch of bible thumpers keeping to themselves than the farangs of Bintabaht and their projectile vomit.

Stop wasting time writing unsubstantiated rubbish and spend more of your time bible bashing on the streets. You don't need to hide behind cranky faith groups to do good and then attempt to tell everyone and his dog "look at me ,how good I am"

You can go out on your own and provide whatever support you are able to to the poor and destitute without shouting about it. It is called human compassion.   Those that tell others how "good" they are and how they help others are only doing it for the kudos they receive from likewise supporters.

Strange that the foundation of yet another "Christian Group" has achieved the publicity in Hua Hin.  I would  guess  that if similar groups were set up by orthodox Jews or fundamentalist Muslims  we would have heard nothing.

4 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Stop wasting time writing unsubstantiated rubbish and spend more of your time bible bashing on the streets. You don't need to hide behind cranky faith groups to do good and then attempt to tell everyone and his dog "look at me ,how good I am"

You can go out on your own and provide whatever support you are able to to the poor and destitute without shouting about it. It is called human compassion.   Those that tell others how "good" they are and how they help others are only doing it for the kudos they receive from likewise supporters.

Strange that the foundation of yet another "Christian Group" has achieved the publicity in Hua Hin.  I would  guess  that if similar groups were set up by orthodox Jews or fundamentalist Muslims  we would have heard nothing.

It is you who has written  unsubstantiated rubbish with your promoting of unfounded allegations about a group you know nothing about. Your futile attempts to change the subject  do not mitigate your  actions nor support the false claims. The fact remains is that a group that the group was accused of being corrupt without any supporting evidence. You haven't even  been at one of their meetings or been solicited by them, and yet you are ready to trash them.

Yes, one can go out on one's own and  do good. Many people do. However, the reality is that the number of people doing so in  Hua Hin is small, despite your statement. And it is consistently the same relatively small number of foreigners who volunteer their time and money. It is those foreigners though, who are the backbone of many valuable charitable organizations in Hua Hin and I give thanks for their kindness and generosity.  

You don't know much about the local community, or Thailand do you? Because if you did, you would know that there is a serious reluctance to help people who are born with deformities and congenital defects. It's slowly changing, but until it happens, it's Christian and western charities who have shouldered much of some basic services to kids born with deformities and other cultural stigmas.

No one is "telling" others how good they are. Rather, as someone who has seen some of these groups in action I can acknowledge their activities. I do not belong to the  church group, nor do I share many of their beliefs, primarily because I am agnostic.  I do not have a vested interest in any faith group, nor am I affiliated with them. However, despite my personal views, I know who is  volunteering and who is giving money and it isn't the pot bellied greaser farang with a  massive magical amulet and his  cheap tart concubine. Think  before you trash a group, next time.

52 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

It is you who has written  unsubstantiated rubbish with your promoting of unfounded allegations about a group you know nothing about. Your futile attempts to change the subject  do not mitigate your  actions nor support the false claims. The fact remains is that a group that the group was accused of being corrupt without any supporting evidence. You haven't even  been at one of their meetings or been solicited by them, and yet you are ready to trash them.

Yes, one can go out on one's own and  do good. Many people do. However, the reality is that the number of people doing so in  Hua Hin is small, despite your statement. And it is consistently the same relatively small number of foreigners who volunteer their time and money. It is those foreigners though, who are the backbone of many valuable charitable organizations in Hua Hin and I give thanks for their kindness and generosity.  

You don't know much about the local community, or Thailand do you? Because if you did, you would know that there is a serious reluctance to help people who are born with deformities and congenital defects. It's slowly changing, but until it happens, it's Christian and western charities who have shouldered much of some basic services to kids born with deformities and other cultural stigmas.

No one is "telling" others how good they are. Rather, as someone who has seen some of these groups in action I can acknowledge their activities. I do not belong to the  church group, nor do I share many of their beliefs, primarily because I am agnostic.  I do not have a vested interest in any faith group, nor am I affiliated with them. However, despite my personal views, I know who is  volunteering and who is giving money and it isn't the pot bellied greaser farang with a  massive magical amulet and his  cheap tart concubine. Think  before you trash a group, next time.

Truly bigoted reply. I expect I have lived in Thailand far far longer than you and see first hand the real issues they face, and I don't live in Hua Hin or any other similar area where bullshit breeds bullshit by sanctimonious morons.

As I said just go back to your bible bashing for maximum thanks from your same ilk.

20 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Truly bigoted reply. I expect I have lived in Thailand far far longer than you and see first hand the real issues they face, and I don't live in Hua Hin or any other similar area where bullshit breeds bullshit by sanctimonious morons.

As I said just go back to your bible bashing for maximum thanks from your same ilk.

Brilliant. 

1. You do not live in Hua Hin, and have no knowledge of the social services or charities in the community,

2. You know nothing  about the group referenced but labeled it as "corrupt".

Absolutely brilliant display of genius. 

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Brilliant. 

1. You do not live in Hua Hin, and have no knowledge of the social services or charities in the community,

2. You know nothing  about the group referenced but labeled it as "corrupt".

Absolutely brilliant display of genius. 

And if there are so many groups with bigoted views like yourself then I and many others no doubt are damn glad we don't live there. 

These 'Christian' groups are a disgrace to the country... eroding the Thai culture, traditions and destroying Buddhism and Animistic beliefs..

These groups are insidious. They prey of weak minded and stupid people to part with their money, give up their values and culture, and often split up families and friendships.  They are sneaky and clever at how they go about converting people. 

They are just money making operations... you will see the owners and 'preachers' having big houses, cars and money to burn on expensive clothes and fancy meals... while they keep taking money off poor and vulnerable people.  These kind of groups are hot beds for child molestation and sexual abuse also. 

Don't support anything to do with them! 

9 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

These 'Christian' groups are a disgrace to the country... eroding the Thai culture, traditions and destroying Buddhism and Animistic beliefs..

These groups are insidious. They prey of weak minded and stupid people to part with their money, give up their values and culture, and often split up families and friendships.  They are sneaky and clever at how they go about converting people. 

They are just money making operations... you will see the owners and 'preachers' having big houses, cars and money to burn on expensive clothes and fancy meals... while they keep taking money off poor and vulnerable people.  These kind of groups are hot beds for child molestation and sexual abuse also. 

Don't support anything to do with them! 

Agreed and there are one or two who fall into that category obviously responded to this string

To label this group corrupt without any evidence, is presumptuous and cynical.

But you can't pretend there's no precedent behind that cynicism.  

These religious groups, while doing "good work" in the community, always have a primary, ulterior agenda to proselytize with the aim of recruiting new members into the flock.  It's pointless to disagree because the god whisperers themselves will tell you they are instructed to do so by their overriding, primary charter - The Bible.

Where it goes wrong is when they camouflage their primary motivation with "good work".  Those "free" hamburgers given to starving people aren't free; there's always a catch.   Most of us who have our basic human needs met, would hand that free burger back to the slippery missionary and tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.  Those in less fortunate circumstances will keep chewing and.....

Seems to be some contention within the christian sphere about these protestants.  Further, the protestant strain of the christian virus doesn't seem to emphasize doing "good work" as a requirement for salvation and eternal life.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Christianity_vs_Protestantism

I give the "Christians" as much respect as I do to "Thai Buddhists" whatever that means.

They are all "children of God" as are the honest Moslems, the honest Buddhists, and any other religion you may name..

Beyond that I have seen to many "religions" to believe in Just one.

The problem is not with the religions it is with the people who profess to be believers in them.

Archived