Phuket shopping mall raid sees B500k of counterfeit goods seized

snoop1130

Phuket shopping mall raid sees B500k of counterfeit goods seized

Eakkapop Thongtub

1497602919_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- Officials from the Department of Intellectual Property carried out a series of raids in the tourist-popular area of Patong Beach today and in just a matter of hours seized counterfeit goods with an estimated street value of about B500,000.

At around midday today (June 16) Maj Adichart Amornpradit from the Economic Crime Suppression Division (ECD) together with officers from Department of Intellectual Property raided and seized illegal counterfeit items from the IT Zone on the third floor of Patong’s main shopping mall, Jungceylon, which has been marked as a ‘red area’ for counterfeit goods.

This raid and seizure of illegal trademarked items being sold came after reports were received from foreigners who bought products from the shop and realised after that they were counterfeit.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-shopping-mall-raid-sees-b500k-of-counterfeit-goods-seized-62612.php#gqwCg4i3vqSUpcPi.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-6-16

"...after reports were received from foreigners who bought products from the shop and realised after that they were counterfeit"

Virgin travellers? To try buying real imported stuff cheaper than those in HK and Singapore?

"...after reports were received from foreigners who bought products from the shop and realised after that they were counterfeit"

Virgin travellers? To try buying real imported stuff cheaper than those in HK and Singapore?

And the shoppers really thought the gold Rolex they bought for mere 2500 Baht was real? Idiots.

5 hours ago, balo said:

Funny it was a raid in the same mall only 2 months ago . The same sellers will be back next week,. 

Of course.....and with exactly the same items after paying the release fee!

Only stuff to buy in Phnuket  is the tourist trinkets  that you just know are fake.

Take it home and put it in your china cabinet for the memories.

I just do not trust very many things to be genuine when I visit and shop in Thailand.

Geezer

I bought some genuine Lacoste  twill polo shirts at Costco in UK at a really good price (basically £30 off rrp) my friend who was with me who is a frequent Thai visitor said why buy at that price, I can get x amount in Thailand cheaper, I said no you can't - he really did not know why a real lacoste polo is far superior in fit, wear, cut, feel etc than a $2 fake? mate it may look the same but it aint.

My only surprise in this thread is that they only seized B500k of fake goods from the I T zone in Jungceylon, a lot of retailers must have been closed then lol...

Other thing is every stall sells the same old Tat, its nearly all knock off goods