Dangerous Thailand: Authorities’ denial a ‘smoke and mirrors’ exercise

rooster59

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-6-18 at 1:51 AM, Trumpish said:

No. I believe Thai society is primitive and can go some way to supporting that argument, even though I had the same time lapse in coming to that conclusion that anyone from WA would have.

Things in Thailand are not how they appear. Even the ubiquitous Thai smile (which is the main reason they cannot pronounce foreign words) has around 20 varieties, 19 of which really mean they think you're a piece of sh|t farang. Noticing requires paying attention. Not everything is as it seems, though it's close enough for the tourism dollar.

I had to think about this for 5 seconds before I replied.

To start with , you can support the idea that Thai society is primitive. Despite the fact that very few in Thailand are below the hunger line, 

Thai people support those in need. (Want to check that about all the western societies)

Then you made a racist remark about Thais not being able to speak western languages because (of their smile)

I challenge you to speak Thai or any Asian language. 

Then you state that in all your interaction with Thai people, they seem disingenuous  to you. I can understand that. That is because you 

are a winker, and every nation on earth can sense, smell and see that from a long way off. If you actually live here which I suspect is not true,

you should not post BS on your racist time here. If you do live here, give it away boy, give it away.

30 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

I had to think about this for 5 seconds before I replied.

To start with , you can support the idea that Thai society is primitive. Despite the fact that very few in Thailand are below the hunger line, 

Thai people support those in need. (Want to check that about all the western societies)

Then you made a racist remark about Thais not being able to speak western languages because (of their smile)

I challenge you to speak Thai or any Asian language. 

Then you state that in all your interaction with Thai people, they seem disingenuous  to you. I can understand that. That is because you 

are a winker, and every nation on earth can sense, smell and see that from a long way off. If you actually live here which I suspect is not true,

you should not post BS on your racist time here. If you do live here, give it away boy, give it away.

Ah yes. As a last resort, play the racism card in teh absence of anything sensible to say.

I stopped reading at that point.

Good luck to you and your bong, I wish you both well.

1 hour ago, Trumpish said:

Ah yes. As a last resort, play the racism card in teh absence of anything sensible to say.

I stopped reading at that point.

Good luck to you and your bong, I wish you both well.

Just gone back on your previous posts. You certainly have some issues.

I called you a racist. Let me quote you.

"The Thai smile is the main reason they cannot pronounce the English language" I have reduced your rant.

Then in that same breathe from you.."This is the reason they are always calling you a piece of shit" Again I have reduced your racist rant.

Go away you troll

1 hour ago, ta158 said:

A US citizen dies every few hours due to "gun" crimes in the US (Not including overseas crusades).

And you have the brazen  righteousness to preach to other countries about "gun" crimes. Just blab.

On 17.06.2017 at 8:06 AM, NCC1701A said:

Government elites treat tourist just like they do everyone who is not part of their group.

Everything in Thailand is about your status.

until one of the high level local elite gets mugged, ripped off, things may not change...if they do...things will change overnight...and that's how it works...all around the world at different levels perhaps...

7 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

A US citizen dies every few hours due to "gun" crimes in the US (Not including overseas crusades).

And you have the brazen  righteousness to preach to other countries about "gun" crimes. Just blab.

the citizen in the USA dies by a bystanding criminal fire exchange or gets shot for an invalid reason (by international standards) by an over zealous gun tooting police officer ?.....no offence please to our american friends!

Edited by observer90210

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

the citizen in the USA dies by a bystanding criminal fire exchange or gets shot for an invalid reason (by international standards) by an over zealous gun tooting police officer ?.....no offence please to our american friends!

To understand the long term current US disbelief in regards to the sanctity of life, one just needs to review the tough policeman 

who shot an unarmed man who was reaching for his documents. The deceased stated that he was a licensed weapon holder and was just reaching for documents.

Shot 5 times at point blank range. Incident was mostly filmed. And of course the trigger happy cop was acquitted.

This is the US. I have visited most countries other than Muslim, Ruskie nor US. Total redneck idiots

6 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

To understand the long term current US disbelief in regards to the sanctity of life, one just needs to review the tough policeman 

who shot an unarmed man who was reaching for his documents. The deceased stated that he was a licensed weapon holder and was just reaching for documents.

Shot 5 times at point blank range. Incident was mostly filmed. And of course the trigger happy cop was acquitted.

This is the US. I have visited most countries other than Muslim, Ruskie nor US. Total redneck idiots

absolutely sir...it comes from the american criminal justice system that legalizes lethal force by officers of the law on the sole assumption of a threat..this could validate shooting a suspect who plainly makes a physical move with his hand being put up, without any weapon....the officer gets the final and sole decision and judgement of life and death!...(and not under proportionate circonstances of adapted retaliation as per most european or international standards of lethal engagement)....some of their laws need an update as the civil war seems far behind!!?....also agree that each country has it's load of absurd outdated laws that harm more then they serve and protect!!©....but this won't prevent me from having enjoyed those Starsky and Hutch shows..

38 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

absolutely sir...it comes from the american criminal justice system that legalizes lethal force by officers of the law on the sole assumption of a threat..this could validate shooting a suspect who plainly makes a physical move with his hand being put up, without any weapon....the officer gets the final and sole decision and judgement of life and death!...(and not under proportionate circonstances of adapted retaliation as per most european or international standards of lethal engagement)....some of their laws need an update as the civil war seems far behind!!?....also agree that each country has it's load of absurd outdated laws that harm more then they serve and protect!!©....but this won't prevent me from having enjoyed those Starsky and Hutch shows..

You lost me after Starsky and Hutch. lol.

I met yanks in Australia, Canada, Asia and on a few army exercises.  What struck me mostly is how most US citizens are totally ignorant about world affairs

But hell, they have all the solutions. Now that US has lost its position to number one in economics and military , can't wait for the final solution.

6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

FWIW, I look nowadays at the US of A and see the biggest single threat to human survival.

I saw someone else comment (last year iirc), that the USA rose to prominence after they boosted their population by inviting the human flotsam and jetsam from all countries to come and form a new nation. And now they've got what they've got, and seem genuinely surprised at it.

Astonishing really.  And then there's spiderorchid's insightful comment (ID 101) above. Aother country that think they have Divine patronage. Another deluded population kept compliant by an installed belief that they'll go straight to Heavan when they die because God Loves their Freedoms. Saints preserve us all.

5 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

You lost me after Starsky and Hutch. lol.

I met yanks in Australia, Canada, Asia and on a few army exercises.  What struck me mostly is how most US citizens are totally ignorant about world affairs

But hell, they have all the solutions. Now that US has lost its position to number one in economics and military , can't wait for the final solution.

Don't be angry at the US. " Can't wait for the final solution" ?????? 

1 minute ago, Trumpish said:

Why?

If my neighbour's dog runs up and bites me, why would I put the blame on something or someone else?

Then you might as well find an island somewhere and go live as almost every country in the world will piss you off in some way or the other. Put your anger on China. So much more deserved. 

Just now, holy cow cm said:

Then you might as well find an island somewhere and go live as almost every country in the world will piss you off in some way or the other. Put your anger on China. So much more deserved. 

That's a reasonable point. Except for the fact That the USA is responsible for it's own actions, same as Thailand is responsible for it's behaviour. If the USA wants to invade country after country, with uniformly disastrous results, then claim that it is in fact a triumph, then it has to accept responsibility and not blame the countries it invades. Or in this case, China. \

Yeehah! Ride 'em cowboy. Lets hear those spurs all of a jingle-and-a-jangle.

6 minutes ago, Trumpish said:

That's a reasonable point. Except for the fact That the USA is responsible for it's own actions, same as Thailand is responsible for it's behaviour. If the USA wants to invade country after country, with uniformly disastrous results, then claim that it is in fact a triumph, then it has to accept responsibility and not blame the countries it invades. Or in this case, China. \

Yeehah! Ride 'em cowboy. Lets hear those spurs all of a jingle-and-a-jangle.

And your point..... Invade? China, what are they doing? Hint. It covers a lot of water and spits on all other countries. What has Russia done and is in line to do again? The Middle East is a dung heap and will never get better because of the people and that Muslim s the religion of genocide, and with the USA a great many areas in the USA the same, low life trash and gangs.

China taking Tibet going after Taiwan when they should be free is ridiculous as the world is strong armed to back China one nation policy through money. No country is perfect, and for you to hit out on the US is uncalled for. Seems you are anti US but from there. Be mad at all of them or none!

27 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

And your point..... Invade? China, what are they doing? Hint. It covers a lot of water and spits on all other countries. What has Russia done and is in line to do again? The Middle East is a dung heap and will never get better because of the people and that Muslim s the religion of genocide, and with the USA a great many areas in the USA the same, low life trash and gangs.

China taking Tibet going after Taiwan when they should be free is ridiculous as the world is strong armed to back China one nation policy through money. No country is perfect, and for you to hit out on the US is uncalled for. Seems you are anti US but from there. Be mad at all of them or none!

Struggling to see how China is responsible for the imperialist, illegal and immoral behaviour of the USA.

Still, I expect you know best.

I do believe however that this behaviour has an economic basis apart from the USA wanting to retain it's self-anointed role of world policeman. Bad nes Im afraid. USA is already  failed empire and it's slithering down a very slippery slope.

"What has Russia done and is in line to do again? The Middle East is a dung heap and will never get better because of the people and that Muslim s the religion of genocide"

Ah yes, the Kool-Aid... you bought into the USA-inspired fiction. USA, land of the brave (ha!) and the land of the free (ha!).

Time to top up the Kool Aid

Dear oh dear

Edited by Trumpish

34 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

"What has Russia done and is in line to do again? The Middle East is a dung heap and will never get better because of the people and that Muslim s the religion of genocide"

Really? You seriously think so?

Oh... And your attack on China and Russia and moslem countries? All that nonsense is OK is it? Before weighing in on the Middle East, you might reflect historically on who created, supported and armed the middle-east.

From the view on my patio, it seems like everything the USA touches in it's zeal to lead the world, turns into another big problem for everyone else. I just wish its collapse would happen sooner so we can all get on.

Anyway, we strayed off-topic and the American mods will be after us.

Edited by Trumpish

8 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

Just gone back on your previous posts. You certainly have some issues.

I called you a racist. Let me quote you.

"The Thai smile is the main reason they cannot pronounce the English language" I have reduced your rant.

Then in that same breathe from you.."This is the reason they are always calling you a piece of shit" Again I have reduced your racist rant.

Go away you troll

Both statements are true.

"You certainly have some issues.""

This one isn't true, and can be demonstrated quite easily, though I acknowledge it's easier to pretend that posters 'have issues' rather than consider that what they say may be true. A classic but not very bright tactic. But I expect you've run into that problem before.

Troll indeed... a suggestion specifically designed to insult and demean. Ad-hominem attacks are so '12-year-old'. Sad.

5 minutes ago, Trumpish said:

Really? You seriously think so?

Oh... And your attack on China and everywhere and moslem countries? All that nonsense is OK is it?

The world is messed up. Not just one country. Americans kill Americans and seems the Russians, Chinese, Philippine, North Korean and the Muslims do the same. Add all the rest in etc etc just to many to list.  Thailand in my thoughts is the best and safest for me. 

Just now, holy cow cm said:

The world is messed up. Not just one country. Americans kill Americans and seems the Russians, Chinese, Philippine, North Korean and the Muslims do the same. Add all the rest in etc etc just to many to list.  Thailand in my thoughts is the best and safest for me. 

Excellent. You just described why I am here and not elsewhere. Despite the obvious vexations. But just because I bring income to Thailand and have a proper visa, doesn't make it mandatory for me to like the people or the government. I like what I ought to like and dislike what is objectionable. Prayuth may control Thais but there is ample evidence he can't influence foreigners. Can't even speak the language and thinks that in 20 years the whole world will be speaking Thai.

Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with him.

On 2017-6-20 at 10:44 AM, holy cow cm said:

Why would anyone want to put their anger on China. Since WW11 it is only the US that has dragged many other countries meaning less war campaigns,

only to lose them all (except Panama and Grenada) It is the US leading other countries into a stupid and meaningless crusade against some middle east muslim

countries. Won't solve a thing but it will tak its toll on the west. 

The US has surrounded Russia and China with war bases. In response China has claimed some atolls at no loss of life to me or any westerner. 

Blame China?

No, blame a foreign affairs failure on the US warlords. Foreign Affairs 101. The use of military force is the last option to use after a complete failure of diplomacy - the rest of the world edition.

US Foreign Affairs 101. The military option or threat of is the only option to use in diplomacy. 

On 17/06/2017 at 6:47 AM, mduras01 said:

What is it about such a beautiful country that breeds such contempt in expats?

The plain and simple answer is the rip off treatment Expats have to put up with here, 10 year visa's that last for 5 years and possible 5 more years as long as the situation does not change (but costs to renew). Large sums of money having to be banked and remain untouched. Border runs, 90 day reports, 10 x pricing, cannot own your own home (well you can so some thought on an island only to have them taken away), Cannot own your own business as have to give 51% to the dartboard wife, Except if you are Danish. Lawyers and The Js are a disgrace and cannot be trusted look what Happened to Ian in P, he lost £1.8 million when a local did what they are famous for and yet the powers that be did not step in to jail that lawyer who now is using the CCA.

You become so poor and cannot afford heath insurance after 65 so jumping is the only way out as cannot go home as funds have been drained. Your welcome in this place from 50 to 65 then go away seems to be the answer with new laws on heath. In most other countries you can get the full benefits after a few years but not here.

In other countries you do not get treated like this, My Thai wife just had an opp here and yes 100% free, she is treated like an equal and no one will ever try to charge her more for goods or services. In her Job (Nursing) she is also treated like an equal and has the same rights as a local, perhaps even more.

Many expats will not admit to themselves they are treated so bad here as that would be an admission they made the wrong move when coming here. You are not wanted is the feeling, yet many just have buried heads in the sand and live in hope. Many others simple could not go home as jail awaits.

The 10 year visa is in response to the USA reciprocal requirements yet is only a 5 year with an add on. No one bothers to complain to the US and ask for a fully Reciprocal.

The contempt you talk about is brought on by fear of your so called intelligence by the few who also treat their own as bad as you and worse.

The sad thing is there is nothing superior here you cannot get better in other countries, well maybe one thing cheap bonks.

I moved because I did not like being treated like an idiot, I have family and many Thai friends who have said they wish they could join me.

Do I miss anything, yes the Friends, but with FB and Line that is not a problem, everything else is a godsend not to put up with, as life is so much better than it was living with corruption waiting to knock on the door.

30 year lease on my house I could loose any minute, Not a chance here I own it Freehold and its fully paid for.

There are a few answer to your Question mduras01

What is it about such a beautiful country that breeds such contempt in expats?

On 2017-6-20 at 10:44 AM, holy cow cm said:

Why? As has been said by someone else, it is USA which have caused almost all conflicts since WW2

And lost them all - except Grenada, a colony of it's 'BFF' the UK, and they left there because all they had was coconuts. No oil.

Why you hate China?

Edited by Trumpish

On 2017-6-20 at 11:06 AM, holy cow cm said:

And you know all this because someone told you presumably. Wasn't American by any chance I suppose?

16 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

Why would anyone want to put their anger on China. Since WW11 it is only the US that has dragged many other countries meaning less war campaigns,

only to lose them all (except Panama and Grenada) It is the US leading other countries into a stupid and meaningless crusade against some middle east muslim

countries. Won't solve a thing but it will tak its toll on the west. 

The US has surrounded Russia and China with war bases. In response China has claimed some atolls at no loss of life to me or any westerner. 

Blame China?

No, blame a foreign affairs failure on the US warlords. Foreign Affairs 101. The use of military force is the last option to use after a complete failure of diplomacy - the rest of the world edition.

US Foreign Affairs 101. The military option or threat of is the only option to use in diplomacy. 

There are only 2 sides. The one I am not on is China and Russia. And you apparently are or indifferent. 

10 hours ago, Trumpish said:

Why? As has been said by someone else, it is USA which have caused almost all conflicts since WW2

And lost them all - except Grenada, a colony of it's 'BFF' the UK, and they left there because all they had was coconuts. No oil.

Why you hate China?

If you have to ask, then don't bother!