Any 2 Cents On These Condos?

CN1050

I know the apartment questions get annoying, but I've narrowed my choices down and want to know if anyone has opinions on these complexes having been here longer. I've scoped the areas and they seem fine but more people have more exposure to the area.

North 4 Condominium at Serene Lake

Riverside Condominium

Chiangmai Land

Thanks in advance!

1.  North 4 Condominium at Serene Lake

Out of town.  Airplane noise.  Getting into town can be difficult in traffic on either the Canal Road or Hang Dong Road.  Generally speaking I don't think condominiums make sense in out-of-town locations.   

2. Riverside Condominium

This at least is in town, and close to a good market, public transport, etc.  Nice river views too.   It's an older building of course which may mean renovations, and dealing with the usual management challenges.  Overall though I think this is worth considering.

3. Chiangmai Land

Same as above. Maybe slightly less nice location, but that's personal preference.

It doesn't happen often, the last time was 2006, but anything on the river can be flooded bad enough to require abandoning the condo until waters recede and repairs are made.  There will be other times when places flood less dramatically but still present a problem.  In general the closer to the river the more frequent and severe the flooding.

I looked at the North Condos and unless you like living in nothing more than a glorfied small hotel room I would forget about that place. A previous poster neglected to also the mention the noise coming from the World Church just across the field from all of the units at this development. The Riverside I also checked out but the units I was shown were musty, tired looking and just run down looking. With so many new places within a few Kilometers of the Old Town you have much better choices of course depending on your budget.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thank you all for the replies, noise was my primary concern with North so that one's out. I like Riverside more and the place I'm looking at is a renovated room from it so I noticed it looks a lot less old than the other rooms. The issue is it's pricy but being close to he city is nice.

Thank you guys again for the inputs, it's helped me rule out and reaffirm some options here!

Riverside Condo is  not bad. Choose room on the river, or you will have nose from Road and crazy ambulance going to Rajavej hospital near. View on the Holiday Inn is already more quiet, but view on the swimming pool / river is perfect.

It seems to have cash problem right now, they are trying to save on staff salary, electricity, services, no more decent free cable tv, but this is still a nice place to stay. Pool is nice and clean, and not crowded.

For information

Phil.

I currently rent in Riverside and love it. Its an old building but well built and rental prices are good. The studio's are 46m2. The staff are really nice too. Great location.

The problem with cash is that there has been no increase in management fees for years but hopefully will be doubled later in the year. But still less than half of any other condo buildings.

I ended up going with a place in Chiangmai Land. The area seemed a tad less packed and the condo was much larger and in a nicer building.

Any complaints about this place? Couldn't find anything to whine about in my trip there or on Google and the place is secured pretty well and just renovated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 11:50 AM, Mikeheart said:

The problem with cash is that there has been no increase in management fees for years but hopefully will be doubled later in the year. But still less than half of any other condo buildings.

Just out of curiousity, how much is the management fee currently? And do you happen to know how many square meters (for which management fee is paid)?

On 26/06/2017 at 0:49 PM, heybruce said:

It doesn't happen often, the last time was 2006, but anything on the river can be flooded bad enough to require abandoning the condo until waters recede and repairs are made.  There will be other times when places flood less dramatically but still present a problem.  In general the closer to the river the more frequent and severe the flooding.

They have cleaned the river out since then

SO it should be ok for a while

They now have to work on the drainage around the Chang Klan Area

After our last 120+ mm of rain receintly

The whole drainage system can not cope with this

Just an update for anyone looking at this thread in the future, the area by Chiangmai Land is nice. I have no complaints. It's a quieter road than those nearer the city and no crazy roaming dog packs or roosters. Still a convenient distance to stores and stuff and an Uber anywhere is less than a few bucks, if you don't get out much like me, it's cheaper than renting or buying a bike.

Again thanks for the comments guys.