Visa transfer after name change

My wife (UK and Phil. citizen) will be renewing her UK passport because it is out of space. She would also like to do a name change (take my last name).

We want to make sure the extension transfer process goes smoothly and minimize hours at Chaengwattana, so would be interested to see if anyone else has gone through the process. We also potentially have the option of transferring the visa extension to her Philippines passport, which will still have her maiden name, but not sure which option would be least hassles.

Anyone with direct experience with this? If it's extremely troublesome she may wait until we relocate from Thailand to do the name change.

I have seen reports of people being able to do it at immigration but not without a bit of a runaround from them. You will certainly need some proof of her name change such as the marriage certificate.

They would not transfer the extension to her Philippine passport since it is not from the same country. Plus the fact it was not used to enter the country.

• Like 1